• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tom pug

Revving Up

tom pug

can anyone help i am baffled, the pug was kicking out white smoke so i replaced the inlet manifold gasket and cured the fault great i thought, now however the pug revs up to about 3500 rpm when started at cold, i have replaced the sad unit checked all the pipes etc but cant seem to cure the problem, once warm the pug idles at just a touch over 1000rpm as it should please help

inferno

sounds like an airleak when u disturbed the inlet maybe? unusall causeof white smoke too :S

tom pug
sounds like an airleak when u disturbed the inlet maybe? unusall causeof white smoke too :S
thanks the white smoke i have been told is from the water leaking into the inlet from the poor seal from the gasket

jackherer

the high revving is caused by a missing bolt on 8v inlets, on the side by the oil filler IIRC, although its a long time since I had an 8v.

tom pug
the high revving is caused by a missing bolt on 8v inlets, on the side by the oil filler IIRC, although its a long time since I had an 8v.

thanks will have a look tomorrow cheers

tom pug
Cheers just the ticket runs sweet as a nut now

Sign in to follow this