• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dan Ingram

Sad Not Closing

Dan Ingram

I've spent most of today trying to get my car to idle properly. Its idleing to fast I think due to the sad not closing. Is it possible to blank of the pipe going from the sad to the bottom of the inlet manifold?? will I have problems if I do??

If you cant do that is there any way of fixing the sad or do I just have to replace it???

Thanks in advance

Dan

tom_m

you'll have shocking cold starts if you do, not the best fwith winter just around the corner.

are you sure its the sad, have you tried pinching the pipe to the sad will its racing to see if the revs drop?

a quick search should bring up various other things to try/work arounds/ solutions.

Dan Ingram

Yes it is definately the SAD. Its permanently open. If I blank the pipe of the goes from the SAD to the inlet manifold it idles perfectly. I just have no idea how to fix the SAD so that it closes.

Rob_the_Sparky

FYI:

The SAD is a stupidly simple device based on a bi-metallic strip. Basically get it hot and it closes. The heat comes from an electrical heater powered from the tachy relay, this turns on the juice with the ignition slowly closing the SAD as it warms up.

If it isn't closing either the SAD is stuck/buggered or there electrical supply to it is bust.

Rob

Dan Ingram

What sort of voltage should there be going to it then??? Ill test that and if thats right then I think i'll just stick another one on.

Rob_the_Sparky

Just 12V off the battery AFAIK, measure it with the connector taken off. Most likely to be the SAD itself.

mossy

Just a quicky the SAD should get a supply of around 9v from the tachy relay via the ECU according to Cardata.

Al

Sign in to follow this