• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smckeown

Larger / Lighter Alternator Pulley

smckeown

Ryan mentioned this ages ago, and i've done some recent research. It seems running a larger pulley does provide minor power increases. And a lighter one has a similar but much reduced effect as fitting a lighter flywheel.

Has anyone fitted a larger pulley before ? or know why supplies them ? If anyone knows the size I could contact brise that i believe supply various pulleys.

I'd like to try and find a smaller alternator in a scrappy before paying for a lighter one from brise

cheers

sean

cyman

any of the jap cars have very good and in some cases small alternators with good outputs.

i'm using one from a toyota carina 60amp.

you will of course have to do a bit of fabrication.

Jonmurgie

I know Forge have done some lightened and over-driven pulleys in the past, I could ask them about it as I have a spare alternator I can pull apart for them...

smckeown
any of the jap cars have very good and in some cases small alternators with good outputs.

i'm using one from a toyota carina 60amp.

you will of course have to do a bit of fabrication.

how much does that alt. weight ?

cyman

don't know how much it weight's but it's pretty small,

i think there a photo on my photobucket.

if you want i can get the O/D for you.

Ryan

I recon you could make the pulley from a PAS pump fit into the alternator. It probably onlt needs the centre drilling out to fit.

Sign in to follow this