• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnrobertgordon

2.0 Turbo With 2wd Cossie Intercooler

Ant

You dont need to fuse box. You just need the wires that match up with the 205 wires. Thats it really. My loom had about 50 + wires connected, but thats everything, ie abs etc. Do a search for posts i made in about June. I list the wires i needed. BUT your loom will probably be different. I had a loom at Jacobs old loom and that was different than mine. But the primsiples the same. A cheap multimeter and a few hours of time and ull sort it :)

Sam, sorry didnt reply to you pm.. Will mail you later

Ant

Guest payne3400
You dont need to fuse box. You just need the wires that match up with the 205 wires. Thats it really. My loom had about 50 + wires connected, but thats everything, ie abs etc. Do a search for posts i made in about June. I list the wires i needed. BUT your loom will probably be different. I had a loom at Jacobs old loom and that was different than mine. But the primsiples the same. A cheap multimeter and a few hours of time and ull sort it :D

Sam, sorry didnt reply to you pm.. Will mail you later

Ant

I dont suppose anyone has the relevant wiring diagrams they could e-mail me? The only one I have is the ecu pin numbers. :rolleyes:

sonofsam

No worries:)Thought you said you only had the ECU pin outs?!

Basically though, print off those diagrams ( they come out A3 btw) get a pen and starting naming all the different components referencing the numbers up top , this will give you a good starting point and better understanding of wiring diagrams, took me a good few weeks to work out what the f*ck was going on.

Then take a multimeter and make it your friend, testing for contuniuty between connections on the loom.

Most of the wires you need are on the pinouts for the injection double relay.Also have a good search on here as it's been documented a few times.

Topic by Alistairh recently on wiring up MP.3.2 wich is what you have, but there may be differences in your loom, such as inertia switches and the like..

Guest payne3400
No worries:)Thought you said you only had the ECU pin outs?!

Basically though, print off those diagrams ( they come out A3 btw) get a pen and starting naming all the different components referencing the numbers up top , this will give you a good starting point and better understanding of wiring diagrams, took me a good few weeks to work out what the f*ck was going on.

Then take a multimeter and make it your friend, testing for contuniuty between connections on the loom.

Most of the wires you need are on the pinouts for the injection double relay.Also have a good search on here as it's been documented a few times.

Topic by Alistairh recently on wiring up MP.3.2 wich is what you have, but there may be differences in your loom, such as inertia switches and the like..

Thanks for the advice sam. I'll keep working on it. Is a group N bottom mount up to the job or do I need a solid alloy one?

sonofsam
Thanks for the advice sam. I'll keep working on it. Is a group N bottom mount up to the job or do I need a solid alloy one?

Yes just requires a good few hours of research and a bit of patience.Good thing about printing out those diagrams is, you can always burn them or wipe your ass on it when you get completely hacked off with it!

Obviously not in that order though :D

Group N is fine mate, dont forget you need to change the complete lower engine mount for that of a normal 205 GTI XU mount.

Edited by sonofsam

Henry Yorke
how much boost was u running through the 5gtt cooler cus they can only handle about 16psi before u need a phase 1 straped cooler.(mate has a 5gtt so i pick up on a couple of things) :D

The Motronic ECU will trip out if you run any more than 14 psi through the onboard MAP sensor. I ditched the GTT Intercooler for a Fiat Punto one as the top did blow off a couple of times! If you notice on the pic, there is a big jubilee clip round it! I'm only running standard boost anyway which is about 7psi or half a bar

sonofsam
The Motronic ECU will trip out if you run any more than 14 psi through the onboard MAP sensor

Not totally true mate .Its the boost regulator solenoid that limits/cuts off the boost to 1Bar.Run an MBC and you can have anything you like;) with the correct fuelling and cooling of course

Sign in to follow this