• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Michael MRK

Curious About Shifting Rpm Cos I'm Suspecting Something

Guest Michael MRK

Hi

I want to know everyone's Shifting RPM on his/her 1.9 GTi Engine, with 1.9 g/b, and at 120 km/h at the 5th gear, what will be your RPM ?

cos i think i need to change the Clutch soon, cos i'm getting 120 km/h at 4000 rpm in the 5th shift, which sounds kinda high.., cos i own a Mitsu. lancer with a normal 1.5i engine, i got that 120 at like 2800~3000 rpm at 5th gear...!!!

hengti

are you using a 1.9GTi gearbox, as well as the engine, in your conversion?

for the standard 1.9GTi gearbox, the ratio in top is about 21mph/1,000 rpm - so 120kmh (about 75mph) would be just over 3,500 rpms

edit. sorry - just read that you are using 1.9 g'box

Edited by hengti

brianthemagical

75mph would be 3750rpm on mine, 80mph would be 4000rpm. is the gearbox on your car the same as british ones? if you suspect a sliping clutch put your handbrake on put it in first and then bring the cluth up slowly with lot's of revs, the car should rear up on it's suspension and the car should stall if the cluth is ok. i don't think a cluth could give the syptoms you describe though. could be miss-calibration somewhere or the wrong part on your donor car.

petert

You might have an "export" 1.9L GTi, like we got initially over here in Australia. They have a 3.94:1 final drive. This would give approx. 3900 @ 120 km/h, which is perfect gearing for a 1.9L in my opinion.

Guest Michael MRK

oh, then i think i have an Aussie one, but i remember i imported all all the car's parts from Germany..!!!, but anyway, at least now i'm not worried about changin the clutch ;)

thanks Guys :(

Sign in to follow this