• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MikeHunt79

Clear Rear Light Lenses?

MikeHunt79

I;ve currently got phase 2 lights on the rear. I was wondering where I could get rear lenses that are the same as stock lenses but with out the red filter? I'd like the whole lens to be clear, or maybe lightly smoked like the indicator part of the lens is.

Wes

you can get them from abc design but they are phase 1 only.

MikeHunt79
you can get them from abc design but they are phase 1 only.

That's good to know... I guess phase 1 lenses will not physically fit onto a phase 2 reflector will they? I might be able to get a phase 1 reflector, but it's a lot more hassle with rewiring and things...

EDIT: Does abc design have a website or anything like that with more info or a piccy? I did a quick google, but only came up with ford focus bits :P

Edited by MikeHunt79

Wes

you will have to change the backing plates and reverse light as the bulb layout is different.

Guest Pugw0t

they look ok but personally i'm a fan of boring old standard ones :P

MikeHunt79

That looks good. I want to go for a similar look, where the lights match the colour of the car, but my 205 is graphite greay, so slightly smoked lenses would be nice and stealthy.

I don't think phase 2 reflectors would work too well tho, so if I come across a phase 1 reflector, I might give this a go... Even so, standard phase 2 lights will do for now. :P

max0
That looks good. I want to go for a similar look, where the lights match the colour of the car, but my 205 is graphite greay, so slightly smoked lenses would be nice and stealthy.

I don't think phase 2 reflectors would work too well tho, so if I come across a phase 1 reflector, I might give this a go... Even so, standard phase 2 lights will do for now. :P

ive seen a few cars with what looked like smoked lights, which had there girl friends tights over it so you can take it off and go back to standard, didnt look to bad.

ada205

I don't think phase 2 reflectors would work too well tho, so if I come across a phase 1 reflector, I might give this a go... Even so, standard phase 2 lights will do for now. :(

Think these might be what your looking for mate..CLICKY You can get them here from Autofive

kevcomdude

I used go-fast stripes in a similar coulur repeatedly one stripe on, one off going down the light casing on mine to hide the hideous colours of the rear lights.

2.jpg

MikeHunt79

Well, it does sound like a lot of hassle... I might leave it for now, as the mot i coming up soon, and I don't want to have more wires hanging out than there currently is! If there were some phase 2 clear lenses, it would be a lot easier. :) Cheers for the help anyway... I'll be sure to post more info on my led conversion when it's done. LED's = brighter, use less power, and the LED lasts for over 50,000 hours, which they'll probably outlast the car, as sad as it may be.

Edited by MikeHunt79

Guest Tom Dimma

eccosse do them ive got the smoked rear lenses on mine

TaffyTim

Ive alway been a fan of the orig look too, but when i got my pug they came with these smoked rears which i quite like now. Only thing is that I dont know where the past owner got them from. If this is what your after I can send him an email to find out.

2054rearcorner.jpg

Guest Tom Dimma

they are the eccosse ones i have the same i got mine from ebay

MikeHunt79
they are the eccosse ones i have the same i got mine from ebay

They look good... I've got some clear ones now, but they won't be on there for a while, as i'm waiting for all my LED bits to come thru the post. :)

Edited by MikeHunt79

Sign in to follow this