• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
daz205

Polycarb Windows And Heater Matrix Q

daz205

a quick Q for all you with polycarb windows, do you have sliders? if so how do you stop others opening them, if not how do you keep cool in the car?

also if you have removed the heater matrix do you just wear a coat in winter or are all these super light cars track only?

smckeown

all of the above are not for road cars really.

i've never seen locked closed sliders, just locked open, and it's just a clip. you need a heater to demist the screen, and get it gets bloody cold in the winter. My only sving grace is my transmission tunnel gets so hot it can melt shoes, so that helps :)

Dixon
My only sving grace is my transmission tunnel gets so hot it can melt shoes, so that helps :(

I was talking to David DeCosta (Castle Combe instructor) a little while ago and he said that your car (your old red one) nearly melted his shoes when he was out in it with you. lol

I don't use mine on the road much any more so the non locking sliders arn't too much of a problem and I don't leave it anywhere out of view when I'm parked in public.

Handy for locking and unlocking the car when its hacking it down with rain though rather than trying to fiddle around getting the key in the lock :excl:

I guess you could somehow fix a pin/sliding lock inside the window to lock it from the inside?

And as for getting air in there, hold your hand out of the little hole and deflect the air in :)

But it does make you look a little bit camp though...

CNV00049-vi.jpg

lol

smckeown
I was talking to David DeCosta (Castle Combe instructor) a little while ago and he said that your car (your old red one) nearly melted his shoes when he was out in it with you. lol

Ah yeah that was sooo funny. He was a great laugh he was. I captured that on video, you can actually see him point at his shoe and shout my shoes are melting :( I laugh every time I watch that vid. It's under my mi16-->videos section. He gave that GT3 a spanking that day. Next time i'm at coombe i'll take him out in the new 8v, he'll love it :excl:

And as for getting air in there, hold your hand out of the little hole and deflect the air in :)

Yeah i've dine that. I saw a car in evo this month with a little platic bubble that acts as a scoop to do the same thing. Won't adding one as it will adversely effect drag :D

Sign in to follow this