• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sam

Pistons And Rods

Sam

I've not beenaround much recently, I've been working in Phoenix Arizona and travelling around america but I'll be back in the uk in the end of the month.

I need to order some 86.5mm (or 87mm) pistons for my new engine as well as a set of meaty rods, who is the best make/supplier? I probably have about 1k to spend.

Dino gave me the number of the guy over here in the states that supplied the weisco pistons for the group buy, I haven't rang him just yet but he may do them cheap.

pdd144c

Speak to Longmans for advice and then buy them over in America?

Miles

For rods either Arrow which is UK based or Sanez which are made in Argintina, both have very good reputation,

It's worth getting the piston crowns coated to help the heat soak

Hilgie

Wiseco or JE pistons (both US based)

maybe Pauter rods (also US based)

So as long as you are there I would make advantage of that.

Sam

OK I've managed to get hold of the guy that done the Weisco group buy a while back, he's offered to grab me a set of the S16 87mm pistons but I wasn't sure what type of crown to go for? Is flat top best, or is dished? What were the ones in the original group buy?

petert

The S16 flat top pistons I had made were a copy of the original piston, but approx. 100g lighter. So they still sit 0.038" down the bore and give 10.4:1. That made them ideal for 2.1L engine. Use the same design and add a dish. Let me know if you need the part number. I doubt it's on their retail list.

Sign in to follow this