• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rogerrally

One Oil Problem Fixed, But Now Another!

rogerrally

I recently did a trackday in my 1.9 8v, but had oil surge on corners, increase in oil temp, and smoke out the exhaust, so I drove slowly home instead. no more probs when not revving hard

Next day topped up the oil, and this caused a split the rubber bendy oil pipe that goes into the top of the filler cap, when lifting the filler cap around. Driving was then a nightmare, as soon as you lift off accelerator oil pressure drops and car dies, backing off causes back fire, thin film of oil over the inlet manifold casing, throttle cable. Pulled over and sort of repaired pipe with a bit of electrical tape, to air seal the pipe back up. Instant cure, no more stalling, oil pressure constant. full power again, Great!

Now every time I go round a bend, or pull away hard, lots of white smoke from the exhaust!.

Car still goes like stink, but do I have worn rings causing excessive back pressure, or should I fit a catch tank to stop oil overspray getting into the inlet.

I cant belive how sensetive the running of the car is to inlet airflow from the oil breather!

yeti-dj

hello, i had a similar problem that when i wellied the car i got lots of white smoke. Tried everthing to sort it and finally swapped round the 2 pipes that are on the bottom of the block where the oil filler pipe joins the block, one goes to the oil filler cap and the other to the top of the cam cover, i did get told this would make no difference but it fixed the problem on mine...easy to try and you never know...another thing would be to check all your oil breather hoses are ok and give them a clean out.

Sign in to follow this