• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
James_m

2 Quick Questions

James_m

Right, this happened today...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/badboy1986/100_0657.jpg

15nm of rippling torque :)

Is it salvagable? not sure if alloy can be welded or if its going to last with glue

And 2nd question is, it took the gasket with it, so shall i get another one, or just use sump sealer? it never had the gasket to start with, and haynes does'nt mention it so im thinking sump sealer.... Oh and how much is a sensible amount to use?

Opinions...?

Cheers James.

Edited by pugtorque

pug_ham

I'd replace it if at all possible.

I have one if you're interested but I'm sure Anthony could also be able to help out.

I didn't fit a gasket there on mine iirc, just some sealant.

Graham.

James_m

Cheers, i have a spare S16 block and was just checking the parts cd to see if both parts are the same, and they arent :)

I'll give Anthony a pm, or if anyone else has a spare close to london please reply/pm, i need one asap!

James.

Miles

All the 16v ones are usable, S16, MI16 or GTI6 and the late 8v's only the ealry 8v's are different

James_m

Cheers miles, the S16 one went on fine :excl: which brings me to my next question regarding the oil pump :(

ZF10A20A.gif

See the cylinder type thing above the L shaped spacer, Does this exist? because i dont have one :) it goes into the block where a passageway leads to the oil filter.

Also anyone know which size bolts are needed for the pump to block? all mine seem to long and i dont want to crack the block screwing them in further than they go.

James.

mickie

i never had that L chaped gasket on mine when i re-build my engine and are you sure you have the 3 oil pump bolts round the right way ?

the 3 of them are all different sizes

pug_ham

A quick look on the parts cd suggests they are M7 & the two listed are;

7X100-85

7X100-75.

They are the same on the XU10 8v so I'll try to see if I have saved mine in the correct locations tomorrow & if I have I'll post what goes where.

Graham.

James_m

Problem is, i have 6 - 3 from an S16 and 3 that came from the Mi16. Maybe i'll just use extra washers to make them fit....

Anyone know about the cylinder type washer above? does it exist?

pug_ham
Anyone know about the cylinder type washer above? does it exist?

The picture is upside down, thats a locating dowel imo.

The bolt lengths are as below in attached picture & roughly tie up with the lengths quoted above. Defunately M7 thread, same as sump bolts.

Graham.

post-71-1160494321_thumb.jpg

ALEX

The L shape spacer about 1/4inch thick IIRC (item 3) is for early models.

Mine has one but it's a lot thinner.

It's more of a thin metal gasket than a spacer (item3)

other engines I've taken apart didn't have one at all.

The Haynes book i have (Worksop Manual not operating and maintenance) says that you discard the spacer if the pump is replaced as all new pumps should be the new design. that doesn't need a spacer.

James_m

Cheers for that pugtorque, i shall take a look tomorrow.

Sign in to follow this