• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sammyh

Carbs V Injection

sammyh

What to do? I'm building a 16 valve track car my last 205 had thottle bodies on it but i'm not going to that expense this time :D I can however put my hands on some cheap carbs and so on, is it worth it or should I just keep the standard injection?

Whats the carb fitting process? do I need a new fuel pump etc?

Thanks in advance :)

welshpug

TU or XU? either way theu should liberate a few ponies at the expense of low range torque due to shorter inlet tracts.

sammyh

Its an XU :)

Jer309GTi

Theres a guide on the main site that tells you how convert an XU to carbs 205GTIDrivers under articles

boldy205

Carb it!! ROAR! :)

taffycrook

The choice has to be yours, but a std mi16 with carbs makes around 180-185 bhp.

For that you need a manifold, a set of matched 45's in good condition, filters a frp and some rolling road time.

Soon adds up to a pretty sum.

A mi16 with a set of repro or inlet only billet makes around 180 bhp. No other parts required.

If its stripped and re built a mild increase in CR will help both conversions but the cams will work closer to optimuim.

One will return 10-15 mpg one around 20-25.

Dazza

Everyday car Injection ,best of both worlds CARBS 45's ive them on my 8v 1.9 there great ..And there going on my Mi16 engine next later this year ......project 200 ......the difference in mid range power delivery and torque is like night and day imo.

Dazza

24seven

Will a set of bike carbs make much difference to a standard 1.6 GTi? Is there any crash course type thing in jetting? or is it a trial and error job?

Sign in to follow this