• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
driversdomainuk

Facet Fuel Pump

driversdomainuk

Hi

Shortly going to fit my new Silver Top Facet fuel pump. My very rusty current one is located outside/under the car near where the spare wheel used to be. Upon reading the fitting instructions they say it is best if you keep it vertical upon instal. To do this the only place I can think of is inside the car behind the drivers seat, vertically against the wall which makes up the rear seating bench.

The car is fully stripped out. I need to know if this is legal to do (in terms of the MOT and also MSA regulations) and of course is it save as my way of thinking is, yes it will be nearer me, but as it is inside the car should be well protected from any outside damage in a crash.

Thanks

bren_1.3

hmmmmm. dont fuel pumps in the cabin have to be boxed up? i used a chopped down fibreglass battery box for mine, over the top of the original location of the sender and pump. i'd do so even if MSA regs didnt specify it. you can never to be too careful when it comes to petrol containment.

mfield

I once removed the off side front wing and mounted the pump low down in the cavity, then drilled holes for the fuel lines to pass through. The pump was nice and low so it still pumped instead of sucked :)

Sign in to follow this