• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pug_sport

Stdt

Pug_sport

A friend of mine is wondering if you can fit the fuel pump from a 1.9td engine to a 1.8td engine.

He beleives that you can but isn't sure about the over fuelling if there would be any.

If anybody knows please help and explain

Thankyou.

inferno

i dont know about that, but if you get stuck i have a td 1.8 pump still on the car, which was in good order before the bottom end started knocking.

im pretty sure the pump on the 1.9td is totally different, but cant see one right now to confirm weather its likely to fit.

Guest BrainFluid

I'm sure you can.

The pumps are not totally different and do the same job with the same fittings etc.

The only difference is the make of pump , the lucas square box pump and the bosch square pump with a flying saucer on the top of it. They have the same fittings and are inter changeable.

The one in the Stdt will be a Lucas and in the 1.9's they will either be a lucas or a bosch one.

If you swop the lucas pump for a bosch one you will have to swop the injectors for bosch ones too.

All in all, the safest bet would be to make sure that you get a Turbo Lucas Pump out of a 1.9 and use the same injectors that your friend is currently using.

Hope that helps,

Nate.

EDIT: The impotant thing is to make sure you get a Turbo pump as only those have the pressure sensor that connects to the inlet manifold that tell the pump when to over fuel when the turbo is active.

Edited by BrainFluid

Guest bobbyD

Would the fueling need to be turned down for the 1.8? Or could you turn up the boost pressure to compensate!!

Guest BrainFluid

I would advise getting hold of the 'peugeot diesel engine haynes book' and following the instructions in there regards to fitting and setting up a fuel pump for a few quid off ebay.

If your going to do it all properly you will need a dail test indicator but I did my last one without one....

Do a search for diesel fuel pump, I explained how to do this to 'greeny meainies' before.

kevcomdude
Would the fueling need to be turned down for the 1.8? Or could you turn up the boost pressure to compensate!!

Im not sure if your supposed to do this, but I used a 1.9 Gti fuel pump in my 1.6 Gti, when it packed in. It was a straight fit and have had no problems with over fueling, because I think the injectors determine how much fuel is injected into the engine.

Hope this is of help

Kev

Sign in to follow this