• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
skeggyrik

Rear Beam Refurb Parts List. Am I Ready To Order?

skeggyrik

Right I've got the rear beam to a point where it's time to order the new shiny bits to put it back together with. :D

I've got mate who works for Peugeot and he gets some kind of discount so I'm putting it through him. :(

I want to make sure I've got everything I need listed below with the right part numbers (forum search completed!) to cause him the least amount of grief.

So far I've go the following.

Part Part Number

2 No. Outer Bearings 5132 49

2 No. Inner Bearings 5131 45

2 No. Trailing arm shafts 5176 17

2 No. Outer rubber seal (cross tube) 5154 10 ?? Right bit?

2 No. Plugs for ARB lever 5154 05

2 No. Offset washers (torsion bar) 5153 12

2 No. Torx bolt (torsion bar) 5153 11 ?? Right bit?

2 No. Rubber Bushes (front ones on crosstube) Part number???

2 No. ARB rubber 5174 03

2 No. ARB Bearing Bush 5172 24

What are the flimsy collars that go on trailing arm shafts? Is it (5154 08 Suspension arm seal) if not what is this bit? And what is the part number for the collar?

What is "the cup" (part 5154 09) is it the bit the torsion bar stud passes though, if so why does this need replacing and is it just a push fit? The stud, nut and washer from the torsion bar is fine and will be reused.

I think I've got everything there, please help with any corrections additions and the missing part number for the front rubber bushes.

I've already got the rear mounts so no need to get them.

Thanks people :D

Richard

pug_ham

The bit that fits onto the shaft are 5154 09.

5154 10 is the the seal sits in on the edge of the centre tube iirc. Don't knock the seal fully in when you fit it as it should protrude a bit. There are picture somewhere, a search might help. The rubber seal itself is 5154 08.

I don't fit new ARB plugs if they are dead, by all accounts the new ones are even worse.

What do you mean by the front rubber bushes?

Other than that I think all the numbers ouhave are right, hopefully Anthony can confirm though as he has rebuilt far more beams than I have. (last month alone probably.:()

Graham.

skeggyrik

Graham, the rubber bushes I'm talking about are the ones that link the cross tube to the mounting plates that bolt to the car (the front mounts) They look like wishbone bushes and are the same ball ache to change, having to cut/burn them out etc.

Thanks for the tip with regard to the seating of the cross tube seal. If I get this right does it come in two parts then? The seal (5154 10) and the rubber (5154 08)? I need both bits? It's not clear from taking it apart as it was all a bit of mess in there and came out as one rubber/metal/rust/oldgrease lump if you get what I mean!

ARB rubbers look ok so might leave these, as I might end up with making things worse by changing them.

Thanks for clearing that up my other question up, the cup I refered to is the collar on the shaft.

Does anyone have the ability to post an exploded parts view or point me in the direction of a thread with it on.

I wouldn't be asking but my Haynes simply states the beam is not a DIY job so it's not covered. I gather earlier editions covered it! So I guess it was ok for "dads" to do but no for their sons! Or something like that.

Thanks Rich

skeggyrik
Graham, the rubber bushes I'm talking about are the ones that link the cross tube to the mounting plates that bolt to the car (the front mounts) They look like wishbone bushes and are the same ball ache to change, having to cut/burn them out etc.

I need the part number for these (or the correct name so dealer knows what i I'm on about).

the bits I'm on about are in the first picture on Page 2 of Wurzel's guide, as it appears on the web site.

Any one with a parts cd...... :(

Rich

Revla
I need the part number for these (or the correct name so dealer knows what i I'm on about).

the bits I'm on about are in the first picture on Page 2 of Wurzel's guide, as it appears on the web site.

Any one with a parts cd...... :(

Rich

Hi,

I think you mean these:

5131 43

FLEXIBLE JOINT WITHOUT PAINT MARK

5131 74

WITH WHITE PAINT MARK

HTH

Trev

Doof

Can you post the prices up when you order these?

pug_ham

I agree with Trev,

Parts CD page

I think they are sided though & you'll need;

5131 43 02 FLEXIBLE JOINT

WITHOUT PAINT MARK

5131 44 02

WITH PAINT MARK WHITE

TBH you'd be better getting a group A mount kit rather than replacing them with standard ones. (its probably cheaper as well).

Graham.

welshpug

i've got one of the aforementioned Haynes "workshop manuals" i'll take some pics when i gat back in this afternoon.

and i'll post a pug parts cd diagram if i can fint them.

futura
I agree with Trev,

Parts CD page

I think they are sided though & you'll need;

5131 43 02 FLEXIBLE JOINT

WITHOUT PAINT MARK

5131 44 02

WITH PAINT MARK WHITE

TBH you'd be better getting a group A mount kit rather than replacing them with standard ones. (its probably cheaper as well).

Graham.

I went to Pug Stealer to order refurb parts 2 weeks ago and I didn't know whether to take 4x 5131 44 or 4x 5131 43 or two of each. I ended up not ordering any as I think it was £20 per item!

Now I am looking for another (cheaper) place where I could buy these bushes (suggestions welcome plz), I don't really want to get the Gr A mounting kit as I want to restore and keep my 205, and am scared it would incur too much damage to the shell long term. Your views on that are welcome :(

welshpug

you need 4 of whichever part number you choose, IIRC one is Firmer than the other and is specified for the Vans so go for those ones (cant remember which ones though, my Pug parts man knows so much off a part number without checking the computer its unbelievable!)

futura

Thanks for the info. It looks like you've got THE Pug parts man, mine even asked me once if the 205 GTI engine was petrol or diesel, that shows you his level of competence....

welshpug

just been down there, he's been working thee since 72! :( so when I asked for 205 door pins he knew the part number!!!!!

futura

lol

Went to Pug's they told me that part 5131 44 (bushes) has been discontinued, so they only sell 5131 43 now. I don't know which ones were the firmest.

It costs about £16 + VAT per item (need four for one beam)

Edited by futura

axnutty

Sorry to dig up an old(ish) thread but Ive been looking at these bushes as well, and have tried a few motor factors localish to me and can get them for £~10+VAT (£11.75) wich comes to £47 for all 4. Which is better than the £75 Peugeot wants!

It does seem silly that they can cost so much, especially when as mentioned the uprated ones are no different in price!

Has anyone looked into the generic bushes you can buy at Demon-Tweeks or Kit Car parts manufacters as an alternative?

pug_ham
Sorry to dig up an old(ish) thread but Ive been looking at these bushes as well, and have tried a few motor factors localish to me and can get them for £~10+VAT (£11.75) wich comes to £47 for all 4. Which is better than the £75 Peugeot wants!

It does seem silly that they can cost so much, especially when as mentioned the uprated ones are no different in price!

Has anyone looked into the generic bushes you can buy at Demon-Tweeks or Kit Car parts manufacters as an alternative?

If you are thinking of paying £47 for those four bushes, I'd pay a similar amount for a Group A kit with Nylon bushes to replace them instead & gert new rear mounts as well.

Graham.

axnutty

Haha! Dont worry Graham, I may have considered going OE if the price had been good, but at that price there is simply no point! Group A here we come :D

pug_ham
Haha! Dont worry Graham, I may have considered going OE if the price had been good, but at that price there is simply no point! Group A here we come :(

You could get one of the improved Group A kits from BakerBM (stew 205 on here) for around £60 delivered. :D

Graham.

Richie-Van-GTi

sorry to thread hijack slightly, Been reading through this as Im getting a beam to rebuild this week, Im confused by the amount of part numbers and replies on here. Can someone confirm a liost of part numbers required to rebuild the beam, not including the mounts.

Thanks

welshpug
sorry to thread hijack slightly, Been reading through this as Im getting a beam to rebuild this week, Im confused by the amount of part numbers and replies on here. Can someone confirm a liost of part numbers required to rebuild the beam, not including the mounts.

Thanks

you never know what youre going to need until you strip it totally, so its hard to say exactly what you'll need.

could only be a set of bearings and a pair of seals, could be arm shafts and a tube...

Richie-Van-GTi

one side has seized so guessing at least one arm. Will do bearings and seals anyway.

axnutty

Part numbers:

Shaft: 5176.17

Inner bearing:5132.49

Outer bearing:5131.45

Seal:5154.08

End cap of tube: ???

Top hat on shaft: ???

Basically Id recommend not to dont piss about, and replace the whole lot. Then you know youve a good rebeam for the next 10years. Its the way Im doing it. If the shaft looks VERY good, then at least turn it 180degrees.

futura

I think this is pretty much all you may need:

Cross member:

2 No. Outer Bearings 5132 49

2 No. Inner Bearings 5131 45

2 No. Outer rubber seal golden rings 5154 10

2 No. Outer rubber seal (cross tube) 5154 08

2 No. Trailing arm shafts 5176 17

2 No. Shaft base cup 5154 09

Antiroll bars:

2 No. ARB rubber 5174 03

2 No. ARB Bearing Bush 5172 24 (not pictured)

2 No. Plugs for ARB lever 5154 05 (not pictured)

1 No. ARB end screw 5153 10

2 No. Offset washers (torsion bar) 5153 12 (not pictured)

2 No. Torx bolt (torsion bar) 5153 11 (not pictured)

Mounts:

2 No. Rubber Bushes (front ones on cross tube) 5131 43 (not pictured)

2 No. Flexible mounting (square shaped sandwich bush) 5151 10 (not pictured)

2 No. Bump stop (rebound block) 5166 28

post-5972-1169984600_thumb.jpg

Sign in to follow this