• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Xu10j4rs Head Bolts

pugpete1108

looking at the head bolt i have just removed it seems they are not stretch bolts? could be mistaken though.

is it ok to reuse these? or should i just get some new ones, they came out easily and are not gunked up in any way .

SweetBadger
looking at the head bolt i have just removed it seems they are not stretch bolts? could be mistaken though.

is it ok to reuse these? or should i just get some new ones, they came out easily and are not gunked up in any way .

I'd put new ones in anyway, they don't cost much and the last thing you want is one shearing when you're tightening them back up!

pug_ham

Haynes says renew & like sweetbadger says, its not worth not doing for the sake of £30.

Graham.

littlemike

My Haynes and Autodata give you a measurement of 112mm from the underside of the bolt head to the end of the bolt. If any one bolt is longer than that then you should replace the full set.

Edited by littlemike

pugpete1108

just measured them and they are about 110/111 mm long but i think i will replace them anyway just to be safe . where is this info coming from ? what haynes book? just a 306 one?

pug_ham

Mine was from a Citroen ZX Haynes manual for the 16v XU10 fitted to that & the 306 S16.

Graham.

littlemike
just measured them and they are about 110/111 mm long but i think i will replace them anyway just to be safe . where is this info coming from ? what haynes book? just a 306 one?

The Haynes info's from the306 manual which covers the Xsi 16v engine, but not the Gti6 (same headbolts though).

Autodata where I work says the same thing, but for Gti6 engines.

Sign in to follow this