• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  

Paintwork Advice

The bonnet (miami blue) is pretty faded. It looks like the laquer has disappeared and I have tried paint renovator which just makes it worse! The bonnet really lets the car down which otherwise is in pretty good condition.

I have come to the conclusion that the only remedy is a re-spray. Have no experience with this, anyone got any tips? I presume it's just a case of sanding it down, priming and then spraying the new colour on. Then laquer on top? Bonnet should be relatively easy I think as I can take it off the car.

The only other part is the roof which in parts is fading and the laquer is peeling. Crap re-spray job a few years ago I'm led to believe! How easy is it to do the roof, anyone know? I assume much more difficult than the bonnet as it would have to be blended into the rear wings/c pillars.

Alternatively how much would a prof re-spray cost roughly?

Cheers!! :o

best fix for the bonnet is to lookout for a miami blue car at your local scrappy

trios and diesels are the same shade unless yours is a g plate which is a different shade to later cars

attempting to paint your bonnet yourself is a bit hit and miss considering the area and you could really do with blending into the wings to get a good result

resprays can be anything from 850-2k depending on how far you go

Edited by 205007

Sign in to follow this