• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boldy205

Weber Manifold

boldy205

just wondering when fitting webers to my MI16 wether its ok to use a take off for the servo from only one branch of the manifold? im thinking about the take off disturbing the flow into the cylinder. also i have read in a search that these engines with twin carbs work at thier best with the vac advance functioning (as in not just blocked off). I am thinking about the pulsing disturbing the vac advance and causing the vac advance to act on the pulsing rather than a steady vacuum? i found in a search someone used a foot length of coilled copper pipe to 'dampen' this effect. i see the thier reasoning but is this going to lead to the vac advance not reacting as quick/not quick enough?

i also read that nova sports (twin 40s as std) have a vac take off for the advance and the servo. i cant find anything on mine (Thier 45s) is this common throughout the range?

thanks for your time!

matt :o

Dazza
just wondering when fitting webers to my MI16 wether its ok to use a take off for the servo from only one branch of the manifold? im thinking about the take off disturbing the flow into the cylinder. also i have read in a search that these engines with twin carbs work at thier best with the vac advance functioning (as in not just blocked off). I am thinking about the pulsing disturbing the vac advance and causing the vac advance to act on the pulsing rather than a steady vacuum? i found in a search someone used a foot length of coilled copper pipe to 'dampen' this effect. i see the thier reasoning but is this going to lead to the vac advance not reacting as quick/not quick enough?

i also read that nova sports (twin 40s as std) have a vac take off for the advance and the servo. i cant find anything on mine (Thier 45s) is this common throughout the range?

thanks for your time!

matt :o

Ive just utilised 1 of the vac's on the inlet to servo and not using the vac advance and its great ,my rolling road tuners-engine parts supplier (VERY well known Peugeot tuner) tells me they see no gain's or losses through it so if its ok for them ....ps i use webber 45's and i dont think it is any difference for the 40's ? i do remember my mate had a brand new Nove sport in 1986 a white one with all the irmscher bits ,40's and RFX revvies ,,nice car those were ..

boldy205

mmm a brand new nova sport!! i was born to late!! thanks for the reply, so your engine tuners didnt recon the take off of one manifold tract was a prob?

Dazza

No not really ?

puginfo

you can reference both sides via a small pipe and then tee off to the vacuum booster if that makes you feel better. neither the brake boost or the carb perf any better. however should connect the vacuum to the dizzy on a dcoe, the idle is very bad as the reluctor inside the dizzy wobbles as the vacuum pulsates. you are better of just doing a dizzy recurving to have faster timing advance then to depend on the vacuum canister. for the dizzy to work well you need to feed it with ported vacuum from the carb which the dcoe cant do as it gives manifold vacuum. cheers

rescue dude

If you want to get your dizzy rebuilt without the vacuum advance and with the correct torque curve for the engine phone the dude's at H&H ignition services.

They did a cracking job on my Pug and i can highly recommend them.

H&H ignition 01384-261500.

boldy205

thanks, roughly how huch did it cost rescue dude?

rescue dude
thanks, roughly how huch did it cost rescue dude?

Cost about £65 pound exchange.

It was well worth it. I gained about 7 hp and the torque curve is really good.

Give them a ring and tell them Jon with the lazer green 205 sent you and they'll sort you out. :(

Sign in to follow this