• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
KRISKARRERA

Under Bonnet Sound Deadening

KRISKARRERA

Where's the best place to buy sound deadening material for under the bonnet?

Does it have to be specifically made to be able to withstand high temps or could some cheap crap from the local diy chainstore be sufficient?

TEKNOPUG

for what car?

KRISKARRERA
for what car?
Well, for my 405, but that's not relevant because I've got a special design I want to do.

chunkymonkey
Well, for my 405, but that's not relevant because I've got a special design I want to do.

ive just ripped one out of my 205 you can have that if you like

TEKNOPUG

If you want it for under the bonnet (attached to the bonnet) then I guess that you'll have to use the OE ones. If you want to attach it to the bulkhead.....I very much doubt you'll find anything suitable. You can get heat reflective stuff which you stick to the bulkhead - that may help a little. Most sound deadening stuff if fitted between the cabin side of the bulkhead and the dash. Best bet would be to pull the dash out and apply some more deadening stuff there.

KRISKARRERA

Well what I want to do is remove the minging thing thats there and cut out bits of a suitable material and glue them into the shapes under the bonnet, if you get what i mean.

Paintguy

It's expensive, but Second Skin Motor Mat is an excellent product. Available from Car Audio Direct (don't forget your forum discount - you'll need it!! )

For something more realistically priced, hunt the scrappies for a big Merc or BMW. They have some really thick padding under their bonnets, which you should be able to cut down to suit.

I'm not sure on whether it has to be a special product or not, but I'd certainly want something fire retardent at least. :D

Sign in to follow this