• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jayblack-gti

Question About Uprated Lower Engine Mount Bushes

jayblack-gti

Hi Ive justed fitted a Group A lower engine mount bush from baker bushes and mountings and although im

very pleased with it im now getting alot of vibrations through the drivers footwell whilst at a stand still in neutral under light throttle, ive had the car on axle stands today to see if the exhaust is hitting anything but have checked around the downpipe and theres a good 10mm of space from the power steering ram and about an inch from the bulk head so dont think the exhausts the problem, also if the exhaust was the cause then i would have experienced this vibration before because the old standard mount was shot and there was alot more engine movement, could anyone shed some light on this or should i have expected this due to the new lower mount being almost solid.

cheers jay

nick

Totally normal with the uprated mount, it should soften a bit after a few miles though.

Nick

Alastairh

Yeah give it a few miles.

Rom

I fitted one yesterday, exactly the same,lots of vibrations, and loads of trim rattles now and various rpms !

Im hoping it will get a bit better, though, i ofc course expect some to stay, or it would just be the same as a std one.

jonnie205

have you fitted the aluminium one or the uprated rubber one? the baker rubber ones are very good but not tried the ally ones. The rubber one does not vibrate any more than standard and i ahve fitted about 4 of them now. i would imagine the ally mount to be very harsha nd not necasary for a road car

jayblack-gti

Ive fitted the solid rubber mount.

eal.jpg

BBM-EA-L Grp.A Lower Bush

jay

Edited by jayblack-gti

jackherer
have you fitted the aluminium one or the uprated rubber one? the baker rubber ones are very good but not tried the ally ones. The rubber one does not vibrate any more than standard and i ahve fitted about 4 of them now. i would imagine the ally mount to be very harsha nd not necasary for a road car

I've got a solid aluminium lower one on my mi16 now, and the other two are peugeot sport group n. it does vibrate a bit more than the rubber ones (I've only tried pug sport group Ns, not Stews) but its not as bad as I expected. I'm not going back to the rubber one and my car is a daily driver.

Dream Weaver

Mine also vibrates like mad, though it does soften and/or you get used to it.

It bugged me at first, but don't notice it now.

jayblack-gti

Think it could well be my exhaust downpipe because when taking left hand bends theres more vibration through the floor. What i dont understand is why the exhaust is now hitting some part of the car when there is less engine movement than before. my system is the mongoose one with a twin pipe downpipe and ive had trouble with it before, which a hammer soon sorted so looks like thats comin off at the weekend for some tweaking :D .

Jay

jackherer
my system is the mongoose one with a twin pipe downpipe

thats what I've got on my Mi16, they are pretty big downpipes overall so you do get a bit of bulkhead contact (on a 16v anyway, I assume they fit on 8vs).

Is yours an 8v or Mi16?

inferno
thats what I've got on my Mi16, they are pretty big downpipes overall so you do get a bit of bulkhead contact (on a 16v anyway, I assume they fit on 8vs).

Is yours an 8v or Mi16?

your car would be set on fire if i had to drive it every day! if i was an unsuspecting passenger in the rattle mobile id s*it myself!

on the other hand my solid rubber one fitted to my last mi16 was great, a bit of vibration at idle, and it defo softened up over a week or so to an ok level.

jayblack-gti

Is yours an 8v or Mi16?

Yeah the systems fit the 8v's. Im running a standard 8 valve. Think the problems with the power steering ram above the steering rack, which is causing the bad vibrations through the chassis

jay

rogerrally

Thy vibrations might be annoying, but the gearchange is so much improved, its all worth it!

On mine,the vibrations have loosened the nut on the end of the clutch cable, and a few others, so I have tyo check things every few weeks.

a bit of thread lock, or putting a bit of white paint, tipex or nail varnish across the nut/ bolt lets you know if anything else slowly coming adrift.

enjoy meeting your fillings again!

saveloy

A genuine question - are you lot retarded?

Ofcourse there is shed loads more vibration, you have fitted a mount that's bloody solid rubber, rather than the standard maezipan.

Exactly what did you expect?

Yes they will loosen a tad, but not much.

Now, be happy and shut up.

Edd-XS

hahaha!

Cant wait to actually drive mine with full group N bush set and see what all the fuss is about...

Edd

24seven

I want a full solid set in my 205 :). that would be painful tho. so probably a bad idea :).

Guest ashnicholls

Is it just the mount if get vibrations just above idling speed, that go with higher revs.

It sounds abit worrying in the car, but you cant hear the vibration from outside the car.

It does vibrate but its more soming is loose, almost like the flywheel is loose and rattles and spins on if you get what I mean.

Sign in to follow this