• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Toddy

205 1.4 Bendix Brake Calipers Fronts

Toddy

What cars peugeot or citroen can you replace a 205 1.4's brakes with, and still fit under the 13" alloys as found on an xs

Already looked on brakeworld and noted the models there, just wondering whether a base model 206 calipers may fit?

Thanks

timmsy19

i only thing ive seen is uprated discs and pads from brembo.

Rippthrough
What cars peugeot or citroen can you replace a 205 1.4's brakes with, and still fit under the 13" alloys as found on an xs

Already looked on brakeworld and noted the models there, just wondering whether a base model 206 calipers may fit?

Thanks

I think only upgrade would be to the 2-piece 1.9 gti calipers? 266mm are probably too big. I've got what I think are a pair of 1.9gti calipers sitting around if you want to borrow them to check?

If it's the assymetrical pads type I've got some mintex 1144 pads here with very little use that will fit?

-Phillip

Edited by Rippthrough

Jrod

I've got 1.6 calipers with 1.9 discs on my Xs

timmsy19
I think only upgrade would be to the 2-piece 1.9 gti calipers? 266mm are probably too big. I've got what I think are a pair of 1.9gti calipers sitting around if you want to borrow them to check?

If it's the assymetrical pads type I've got some mintex 1144 pads here with very little use that will fit?

-Phillip

I've got 1.6 calipers with 1.9 discs on my Xs

yes but would all this fit under the 13" wheels he has??

Toddy

Rippthrough, thanks for the offer.

Just replaced a partially seized caliper with one from a 106 for a £10, they are better but not great IMO.

Rippthrough
Rippthrough, thanks for the offer.

Just replaced a partially seized caliper with one from a 106 for a £10, they are better but not great IMO.

Well, send me a PM if you want to borrow them, I'm not doing anything with them.

Casanova

Will 1.9 GTI discs & calipers fit under the standard XS 13" patterned steels? The tyres are 165/70R13s.

§

edthedrummer

My DTurbo uses solid discs and bendix calipers, are the 1.6gti calipers different? Can i use vented discs on the calipers i have now without any modification?

Rippthrough
My DTurbo uses solid discs and bendix calipers, are the 1.6gti calipers different? Can i use vented discs on the calipers i have now without any modification?

Can't use vented discs with the calipers, they're too thin, and if you're going to upgrade you may as well go for a cheap 266mm 307 setup or similar. Although I've some 1144's somewhere for those bendix calipers if you're interested?

Jrod

If it uses solid discs you will need to swap the calipers.

I thought the diesel turbo used vented discs as standard... :)

edthedrummer

yes i thought they did too, because i thought nearly all of the running gear such as susp. brakes. etc was the same as the 1600gti model.

mine has solid discs, about 12mm thick atm, they are worn to buggery however.

Rippthrough
yes i thought they did too, because i thought nearly all of the running gear such as susp. brakes. etc was the same as the 1600gti model.

mine has solid discs, about 12mm thick atm, they are worn to buggery however.

Think the minimum thickness is 9mm, so a fair way to go yet!

edthedrummer

That was a guess though, they could be well under that judging by my eye. We'll see.

pug_ham
I thought the diesel turbo used vented discs as standard... :rolleyes:

Only on the STDT or a random lucky one.

Of all of the Dturbo 205's I've seen the only one I remember that had GTi front suspension was a J reg five door but I can't remember if it had solid or vented discs but the rear beam's (even on the STDT) are XS spec.

Graham.

edthedrummer

hmmm okay.

how can you tell if it has GTI spec suspension? Is there an easy way?

welshpug

2 inner mounting points on the lower arm.

non gti only has 1, with the arb bolting to the lower arm.

edthedrummer

Which part is the lower arm? not the wishbone i take it?

DaveW

Yes the 'lower arm' is the wishbone on a D turbo. 1.6 calipers fit under 13' steels.

edthedrummer

well i am fairly certain there are two inner mounting points on the wishbones on my car, two mounting points where it attaches to the subframe?

DaveW

What year is your 205? yes sounds like it and does it have a rod connecting to the strut?

edthedrummer

its a 1993 K reg. As for the rod connecting to the strut, possibly. I can't quite remember.

Edited by edthedrummer

Sign in to follow this