• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Ecu Wiring Guage

pugpete1108

what wiring is suitable for wiring my emerald ecu i have brought 50m of 40/0.30 (1.0mm ) rated at 8.75 amps

do you all think this is suitable?

Craigb

Emerald suggest

0.5 for the ecu supply

1.0 for the ecu earth

0.5-1.0 for the acutators ( coil, injectors)

0.5 for the sensors

twin core shielded for the crank sensor

pugpete1108
Emerald suggest

0.5 for the ecu supply

1.0 for the ecu earth

0.5-1.0 for the acutators ( coil, injectors)

0.5 for the sensors

twin core shielded for the crank sensor

so what i've cot should be suitable for all applications, cheers i should have checked their manual first :D

Craigb

I did the same as you , all mine is 1mm so should be ok

miamistu
what wiring is suitable for wiring my emerald ecu i have brought 50m of 40/0.30 (1.0mm ) rated at 8.75 amps

do you all think this is suitable?

You're doing all your wiring the same colour? :lol:

Dream Weaver

I mixed 0.5 and 1.0 thinwall from VWP, and bought lots of different colours. It cost about £115 for all the wiring, connectors, crimp tool etc

pugpete1108
You're doing all your wiring the same colour? :wacko:

yup , figured it will be easier/cheaper than using loads of different colours , they will all be numbered at the ends anyhow , and when they are all wrapped you wont be able to tell.

'mixed 0.5 and 1.0 thinwall from VWP, and bought lots of different colours. It cost about £115 for all the wiring, connectors, crimp tool etc'

yeah i did look on there but it seemed lots of hastle instead of just buying 1 or 2 rolls to do the whole job and seeing as its £12 for a 50m roll i cant grumble :D

Dream Weaver

You'll wish you got multi colours when you start making it though :wacko:

My original loom was all one colour and was a complete nightmare!! The new loom is brilliant with a single colour for every wire - the numbers *WILL* fall off when you route the loom :D

Edited by Dream Weaver

miamistu
You'll wish you got multi colours when you start making it though ;)

My original loom was all one colour and was a complete nightmare!! The new loom is brilliant with a single colour for every wire - the numbers *WILL* fall off when you route the loom :P

Agreed - it's not much money and the hassle it'll save in the long run is huge. :o

pugpete1108

i'm sure i will regrett it but what the hey we will see :D

the numbers shouln't come off as i will be using cable tied numbers borrowed from the engineer stores at work

Rippthrough
i'm sure i will regrett it but what the hey we will see :)

the numbers shouln't come off as i will be using cable tied numbers borrowed from the engineer stores at work

Cheaper way to do it is to buy a nice 100m roll of wire (~25quid for decent stuff) then go to screwfix direct and buy a couple of different colours of PVC sheathing ( self extinguishing too, which is handy) @ 5.00 each.

Little bit of time to thread the wiring through but saves a lot of money.

Sign in to follow this