• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
westy

Quickshift

westy

I'm thinking about getting a quickshift for my 1.6.

erm...What exactly do they do? is it worth it?

Jonmurgie

I'm sure a search will reveal the information your after but in a nutshell they reduce the amount of 'throw' on the gear level. This means when your sat in the car and changing gear you don't have to move the lever as much to go from one gear to the next.

There are a few different kits out there, the most popular being GE (though they are a strange company at the best of times) and Miles on the forum. Search for Miles I say and grab seom off him :mellow:

sonofsam

Yeh mate , they're good , easy enough to make your own though.

Check out www.205gti.com for instructions.

Or send me a spare one you can pickup from the breakers for a couple of quid and I'll make one for you:)

richard

Most people do it at the same time as replacing the rods IMO.

Reduces the 'stirring the bowl' feeling on alot of the pugs out there. :mellow:

Having one on one car and not of the other the difference is very noticeable, especially if you drive it quickly or on a track.

kevcomdude

To tell you the truth i think the shifting is close enough already, after driving my 306 DT, the stick on my pug gti is noticably closer. But I guess its personal choice

dee205

Standard gear shift movement is similar to driving a ten year old transit. You nearly have to get into the passenger seat to put it in 1st or 2nd!

Craigb

I think quick shifts are all down to personal preference and the state of the std linkage.

I put the GE kit on mine and took it off after one event , i just didn't like it .

Refurbing the std kit can remove alot of the sloppiness (sp)

calvinhorse

it also stops the gearlever touching the handbrake when your doing handbrake turns

Sign in to follow this