• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
inferno

Cvh Engine 205?

inferno

Was just wondering if anyones ever put a f**d cvh engine in a 205... maybe to utilise the sierra RWD ? and how much work was involved mounting it all? im guessing it would be easyer than a full blown cossie 4x4 that ive seen before...

welshpug

not that i know of, XE has been done though, much better than the CVH

steve@cornwall
Was just wondering if anyones ever put a f**d cvh engine in a 205... maybe to utilise the sierra RWD ? and how much work was involved mounting it all? im guessing it would be easyer than a full blown cossie 4x4 that ive seen before...

Wouldn't that be an awful lot of work to end up with an imitation Talbot Sunbeam?

welshpug
<_<

pug_ham

Never heard of it but then why would you want to ??

They are hardly a step forwards from the XU engine!!

Same or similar amount of work for the cossie engine if you are thinking of rear wheel drive anyway.

Graham.

Beastie
They are hardly a step forwards from the XU engine!!

CVH = Coarse Vibratory and Harsh I believe <_<

pug_ham
CVH = Coarse Vibratory and Harsh I believe <_<

I thought it was comprehensive vehicle hernia. :D

Graham.

Alastairh

*shivers*

Many moons ago there was a turbo'd cvh rear enginened 106 about on the pgac.

Alastair

Edited by Alastairh

Baz

Oh my!! Why would you want to, as said the CVH is an awful engine to start with!

And btw, a Sunbeam would be 10x better too!! (not a CVH either!)

Batfink
*shivers*

Many moons ago there was a turbo'd cvh rear enginened 106 about on the pgac.

Alastair

But with classic tuned ford reliability it blew up a lot. He disappeared of the club when he was making the car look almost standard and I think fitting a cossie engine

Sandy
Oh my!! Why would you want to, as said the CVH is an awful engine to start with!

And btw, a Sunbeam would be 10x better too!! (not a CVH either!)

Quite, but a Sunbeam will rust away in a short time and the mechanicals are a bit old hat now. Trim is virtually impossible to buy too. 309 would make more sense for RWD than a 205 in terms of axle layout.

Baz
Quite, but a Sunbeam will rust away in a short time and the mechanicals are a bit old hat now. Trim is virtually impossible to buy too. 309 would make more sense for RWD than a 205 in terms of axle layout.

Would definately agree there Sandy, 309 would be better suited. I know of a fair few Sunbeams around still, cool cars, i love 'em! :P

Sandy

I had a Sunbeam Ti and a friend had several Lotus (s), would love another but I would get divorced for sure if I did! I came very close to building a RWD 309 (now Twowheelterror's project) and regard it as unfinished business!

Sandy

Yep, that's the one I started. Hopefully he'll finish it.

Higgy

(Being sick)

Dont put a CVH in a 205. Its a corse bag of nails, that you will not want to rev past 5k rpm.

The XU was a dream compared to my old XR2i's CVH.

I believe the Sierra RWD with a CVH, was a wierd 1.8 not the usual 1.6 ltr (well my mates was).

I must admit you could mate a CVH turbo to the gearbox and have some 200BHP fun :P

Sandy

Yes, it was 1.8 and they moved the distributor for the Sierra.

inferno
(Being sick)

Dont put a CVH in a 205. Its a corse bag of nails, that you will not want to rev past 5k rpm.

The XU was a dream compared to my old XR2i's CVH.

I believe the Sierra RWD with a CVH, was a wierd 1.8 not the usual 1.6 ltr (well my mates was).

I must admit you could mate a CVH turbo to the gearbox and have some 200BHP fun :P

i coudnt agree more with cvh's being pretty crud, but when you learn to drive one without taking it over 6.5k (like an 8v gti) it can be just as reliable/unreliable as the xu engine.

as u pointed out, i could easyly mount the sierra gearbox and drivetrain to a 200 bhp turbo engine. the aim is to build a rwd moter, and i have ford doners already.

steve@cornwall

sure the plans havn't changed? seems to be parked next to an xr3 donor :P

Sandy, your old ti wasn't orange was it? many years ago a friend of mine bought a nice mildly tuned one-and wrote it off on his way home!!!!- before insuring it :D Another mate wrote off a white one several times- once chasing my 120y to Porthtowan ffs)

Can't believe how good the 309 looks with wide arches, either

huxley309

eh? 309's look damned sexy with wide arches :P

309_191_824643751jsundin309dimma_1_05_large.jpg

veloce200
eh? 309's look damned sexy with wide arches :P

309_191_824643751jsundin309dimma_1_05_large.jpg

is that your's huxley? gotta say the ugly duckling comes good - that looks the nuts. I hate styling normally but that is just pure race replica - looks like a factory model!

pugrallye

no offense but why bother??? its not much harder to sling 4x4 running gear in out of a sierra -complete with cosworth engine!!!!(considering you would be using sierra rear end to make it rwd!)

Edited by pugrallye

veloce200
no offense but why bother??? its not much harder to sling 4x4 running gear in out of a sierra -complete with cosworth engine!!!!(considering you would be using sierra rear end to make it rwd!)

Good point. Up to 250 or so bhp you'd be better off fwd anyway. only rwd owners think it is the nemisis it is not. In reality on track corner entry is the most important area - and guess which is usually better for this? !

Lets be honest if we see 325i's on track in our Pugs we think "easy meat"

DaveW

Or just buy a sierra?? :P is this more dreams Tom?? :D

Sign in to follow this