• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timmsy19

309 Front Setup...

timmsy19

:o Ive seen that a couple of people have mentioned that you can put 309 arms on a 205 base model?? :blink:

got a few questions and probably a really quick answer.

1: is this the front 309gti setup? what is included and what parts would i need?

2: im thinking about some bilstein front shocks. i take it these will fit no problem?

3: ive also got the uprate my brakes in next couple of weeks.(was thinking the 306HDi setup) will this still fit if i put the 309 front setup on?? and how much wider does the front become once its all done?

Graham

Sandy

All you need to "go 309" on the base TU 205; is the bottom arms from any base 309 (GTi are wishbones) and driveshafts from a post 1991 1.1 or 1.4 TU engined 309. The 205 shafts will work, but there is a risk they'll dislocate as they're right on the end of their travel. i'm told there are two types on shaft on the TU 309, but i've only ever seen one type that definately fits the 205. (used it myself)

timmsy19

so im guessing i dont need different hubs or anything like that. just driveshafts and bottom arms.

is that all?? i thought it would be alot more involved than that.

P.s. by bottom arms do you mean control arms?? as there is only these listed on the GSF site. also which set did you use. there are driveshafts for TU3A and the TU3M on Neat Auto's

Edited by timmsy19

Sandy

Yes, track control arms. Steering rack, hubs etc are fine, you can use 306 266mm brakes too, I did.

It's the TU3A with the M20 nut.

Sign in to follow this