• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
d7ve_b

Ignition Amp And Coil Part No.'s

d7ve_b

As stated I need the part numbers for the ignition coil and amp for a D'Plate Ph1 1.6 GTI, does anyone know them?

Before I get flamed, i've searched for both and to my surprise they both returned no results, I'd have expected at least a couple? :)

Thanks in anticipation....

d7ve_b

Many thanks for that, but I was expecting the part numbers to be of a different format? For example the replacement ignition module I am looking at is numbered 0 227 100 123 ??

The diagram is very useful so thanks again for that.

Jonmurgie

The part number you are quoting is the Bosch number as the parts are very interchangable... you asked for the part numbers and I assume you mean the ones from Peugeot for you to order them?

d7ve_b

Ah ok, sorry about that. There is an ignition coil and some ignition amps on ebay that I was considering buying and I just wanted to check the part numbers quoted...

Coil

Amps

Craigb

I've just been doing a search for a replacement coil

OEM Peugeot £53 +VAT

Motor Factors £16.91 + Vat

In this instance is it another case of getting what you pay for ?

Are there any other stockists of genuine Bosch parts ?

V8Pete

I tried to buy an ignition module for my 205, but it had a different connector to the one already in there.

At the moment it's got a Ducellier module (with MTR01/2528008 on it), Ducellier coil on the inlet manifold, and Bosch screw-on distributor cap.

The replacement the shop ordered in has 3 terminals in a row, then another two at 90 degrees to take two separate plugs. My current plug has 6 terminals and 7 holes in one row.

Any ideas?

Would a Bosch BIM 123 be suitable?

Over here genuine Peugeot is ~£200 with 6 week wait, from BNT, ~£30

Edited by V8Pete

welshpug

all pug fitting modules I can remember seeing are the 7 pin type, like fitted to your car, IIRC some very early 205's used the 5 pin example you have been supplied.

the 7 pin module is generic to many PSA products, Mi16, S16, ZX16v and others have two!

V8Pete

Thanks for clearing that up.

Another thing, I couldn't find the module on my later 205 GTI parts car. Do they have a different system or something? It still has the same distributor and coil - or has some cheeky bugger moved it?

Edited by V8Pete

Sign in to follow this