• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mbayley77

Fog Light Wiring

mbayley77

I have a set of RING rally giant spot lights whihc i want to stick on my rally car but am after the best way of wiring them in. I am guessing a relay with an internal switch would be sensible? wheres the best place to get a decent live from?

Also where have the rally boys mounted on there spots? Just the bumper seems a little flimsey. Any pics would be good showing brackets etc.

The spots just come with a bolt basically sticking out the bottom.

cheers

Guest cknotty

I'm using Cibie Oscar Plus's on my road rally car. These are mounted on the bumper, which has been fine, as long as you use a set of stay bars (wobble like hell otherwise :( ) These have been bolted through the grille to the underside of the slam panel, which saves me drilling through the bonnet (and taking the stay bars off every time I have to open the bonnet).

Power to the spots is a relay mounted by the slam panel, next to the battery with a direct feed from the battery (fused, of course). I then have an illuminated switch mounted next to the clock, where the cigarette lighter/tray was.

piccy

IIRC, you can get a complete Ring wiring kit from Halfrauds and the like, which will have everything you need :D

Hope this helps

Chris

mbayley77

Thanks for the reply exactly what i needed. I have loads of relays etc so will wire something up but your answer as to the stay bars and where they are mounted too is excellent. i know what i am doing tomorrow now :(

Guest Smartshark

If you really want to ensure a belt and braces approach have a separate feed and relay for each spot light with them both been triggered off the same source. Then if one fails or shorts you only loose one light.

We have also relayed our headlights separately on our road rally cars in the past and will employ this set up on Lombard Revival later this year.

No loss of power in old wiring looms and protects each light separately.

OTT but has worked for us.

Edited by Smartshark

SPGTi

This is how I wired mine in using a on/off/on switch so that I still have std driving lights if needed. Basically I can have main beam only, main beam +std driving lights, main beam +spots.

1.JPG

Steve

Sign in to follow this