• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Grim.Badger

Underseal

Grim.Badger

Can anyone recommend an underseal that I can use in my wheel arches to stop the new welds rusting up too quickly?

jim21070

The Bilt Hamber stuff..

See it in any copy of Practical Classics or on the WWW Clicky A useful websit generally.

You can order on-line too. Not too expensive for what it does...

Whilst you're there do all your box sections with their Dynax S-50. Top stuff...

Beastie

Underseal (even the clever stuff with rust inhibitor in it) won't stop it from rusting quickly. It will cover it up nicely so you can't see it rusting and - more usefully - it will protect the area from stone chips. This means a good phosphate anti rust treatment followed by sacrificial primer and top coat can do the job of preventing rust without getting chipped off by flying debris thrown from the wheels. For DIY application I've not discovered anything better than Metal Ready phosphate from Frost Auto Restoration followed by 2 coats of International brushing Red Oxide primer and then 2 coats of International Matt Black. The matt black provides a good key to stop the underseal coming off again.

Sign in to follow this