• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BERTMAN

Wtf Is All This?

BERTMAN

ive been ignoring the pug for a month now (lack of money) and today i went out to clear up some rust but before i got round to that i noticed the paintwork at the top of the boot hatch and on the roof over the rear passengerside 1/4 window was like this...

pic

pic1

pic2

it seeems to have got steeadily worse... how do i get rid of it?

PS sorry about the crap pictures, but i cant seem to get a good shot!!!

TEKNOPUG

You can't - it'll need a respray

BERTMAN

great...:huh: at least i wont have to do any bodywork stuff tho, painting is NOT my forte!! :P

anyone know of any good bodyshops then in the south cheshire area?

Edited by BERTMAN

steve@cornwall

Unusual approach, but try a small area GENTLY rubbing with scotchpad and cream cleaner (honestly). This seems quite good at removing fcuked laquer, but be extra careful around edges not to rub through paint.

Clean grease etc off and re-coat with aerosol laquer. Give it a try before committing to bodyshop- but after you're ready to have it pro-painted if it does go tits-up!

BERTMAN

lol, sounds interesting... ill try it, and like you said if it goes tits up its goin to a bodyshop anyway!!, cheers for the tip...

Sign in to follow this