• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
brianthemagical

Bit Of A Scratch

brianthemagical

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m278/br...al/stuff004.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m278/br...al/stuff006.jpg

it looks like there is a scratch underneath that someone tried to cover up. it is like paint on the surface. any ideas how i can remove this? thanks

Edited by brianthemagical

Patches

Hi

I dont know much at all about this paint lark but that looks like a rather nasty graze!! :D

If I were you I would bit the bullet and hold out for a new bonnet (obviously being a miami, they are a little harder to come by but not impossible) rather than the hassle of attempting to 'fix' that as it will probably always be there in some form without some serious hard work, time, money etc?

Again, dont know a lot about paintwork but that my 5ps worth!! :lol:

Michelle :)

brianthemagical

thanks for the reply. the scratch is tiny, barely noticeable under the paint, it does go down to the primer though, but no further. i was hoping there was a way of maybe removing the 'repair' any then attacking the scratch. i would prefer to keep my original bonnet and i wouldn't have to worry about paint matching. thanks again.

taylorspug

The only real way you will remove that so it is undetectable when you look at it is to have the bonnet resprayed and blended into the front wings, bonnets and roof scratches are nigh on impossible to repair in a localised fashion, and my dad does localised scratch/chip repair for a living, so i have it on good authority! :)

Sign in to follow this