• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
acox99

What Engine Mounts?

acox99

I was looking at getting solid engine mounts, found a solid lower mount, but can you get solid top mounts as well? or are Group N rubber top mounts ok? its for a sprint car. what is everyone using?

boombang

The BBM stuff is hard enough for any use - Grp N spec all round with uprated lower mount.

hengti

can you actually get solid mounts?

wouldn't have thought they'd be a good idea, even in a compo car - you'd just break things - ?

boombang

I've seen a solid ally lower mount - in car it honestly felt the same as a BBM lower but they aren't usually made solid for a reason - to give a slight cushioning effect.

BTW I think the guy made it up on a lathe rather than buying it!

Rippthrough
I've seen a solid ally lower mount - in car it honestly felt the same as a BBM lower but they aren't usually made solid for a reason - to give a slight cushioning effect.

BTW I think the guy made it up on a lathe rather than buying it!

There are 2 bushes in the lower mount though, so the other should provide some cushioning effect.

boombang

yeah that'd true. Looked pretty hardcore though but as I said it was really no worse than "grp A" spec.

Jonmurgie

I believe Stew does 2 versions of the bottom mount, one similar to the PugSport GrpN and one a little stiffer (which is what I now have) :)

acox99

spoke to stew this morning, and thats what he is sending me.

Sign in to follow this