• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
driversdomainuk

8v Sicking Up Oil

driversdomainuk

You probably know my story about my car sicking up 1 pint of oil whilst hillclimbing. I have put it down to worn piston rings and oil blowing past into crank case...fine

However, I gave the car a real hard thrashing in a straight line on the dual carriage way last week and no oil was sicked up..NOTHING

So, this is obviously down to when I put it through a corner hard and oil surges to the side...However, I need to be sure that this is still down to a worn bottom end and nothing else.

Any ideas other than the above as to why oil shoots up into catch tank on corners only in such a large about...

PS - have recently had all pipes etc cleared and no change

driversdomainuk

any wild guesses....?

Edited by driversdomainuk

Jonmurgie

What's the spec of the car? You running carbs or standard induction? Have you modified the oil breather setup or is that standard too?

driversdomainuk
What's the spec of the car? You running carbs or standard induction? Have you modified the oil breather setup or is that standard too?

I am running twin 45 Webers - I personally have not modified the oil breather setup although this could have been done by one of the previous 11 owners - could this be an issue..?

driversdomainuk

Come to think about it - when I bought the car in 2004 it had a Pipercross oil breather/filter on the side of the oil filler cap. This is where the oil used to rush up from. It still does this however, now I have a pipe which leads into a catch tank.

rescue dude

You entered for Loton? I'll have a look then.

Is it coming out of the catch tank?

driversdomainuk
You entered for Loton? I'll have a look then.

Is it coming out of the catch tank?

Hi - I am there on 1st Oct not 30 Sept, got a letter yesterday as there are too many entries for the Sat :ph34r:

It is coming up the oil filler pipe from crank case into the catch tank.

welshpug

sounds like too much oil

rescue dude

Does to me too.

I can't fill my oil to the max because i have a similar problem.

stew205

Under heavy braking the oil can run up the front of the block then get blown up the breather pipes.

I could never get it do it on the road either.

Or though I used to fill my catch tank after each track session.

Use one of the blanking plugs on the back of the block as a return line from your catch tank. Make sure you put a oneway valve in it though :ph34r:

After doing the above I don't get any problems related to this now.

Thanks

Stew

driversdomainuk

I am having the bottom end rebuild soon so that should solve the issue anyway....

Surely when the 205's were new they would not have done this...?

Sign in to follow this