• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bitchass 205

Fuel Gauge

bitchass 205

Hi all,

I have notcied over the past few weeks that my fuel gauge doesn't seem to be working properly.

I filled up exactly 25 liters which is half a tank. when i got in the car the gauge was reading a quarter of a tank. now i know that i'll never know the exact point at which the "zero" valuve starts, but the gauge fluctuates from time to time.

Is this just how it is? or something else? :)

Jonmurgie

The gauge isn't linear.. i.e. 1/2 a tank in size isn't necessarily 1/2 way on the gauge :)

Have you filled it up fully and does the gauge read full then? When it's reading empty how much does it take to fill it right up?

GLPoomobile

What's the matter?

You are driving a 15 year old car made from chewing gum wrappers by apathetic French peasants, and you ask 'what's the matter?'!

It's a typical 205 trait. The fuel guage is crap.

Edited by GLPoomobile

bitchass 205

The gauge isn't linear.. i.e. 1/2 a tank in size isn't necessarily 1/2 way on the gauge smile.gif

Have you filled it up fully and does the gauge read full then? When it's reading empty how much does it take to fill it right up?

if i've filled it to the brim it will still fluctuate between3/4 and full.

What's the matter?

You are driving a 15 year old car made from chewing gum wrappers by apathetic French peasants, and you ask 'what's the matter?'!

It's a typical 205 trait. The fuel guage is crap.

amen to that!!!

Edited by bitchass 205

Dogboy

im having a similar problem with my fuel gauge on my 1.9 GTi, not long had her. Since i had her the fuel gauge will not register in any way how much fuel is in the tank, its continuously sitting as if the key isnt in the ignition.

Can anyone help to decifer what this is caused by? I put 30 litres in today and it didnt even budge the fuel gauge one bit. I guess its clear that something needs replacing or re-wiring, anyone help as to what?

cheers

phil

Mikey S
im having a similar problem with my fuel gauge on my 1.9 GTi, not long had her. Since i had her the fuel gauge will not register in any way how much fuel is in the tank, its continuously sitting as if the key isnt in the ignition.

Can anyone help to decifer what this is caused by? I put 30 litres in today and it didnt even budge the fuel gauge one bit. I guess its clear that something needs replacing or re-wiring, anyone help as to what?

cheers

phil

under the rear seat there are two black covers. under the one is the fuel pump and the other is the sender unit. just unplug the connector and with the ignition switched on bridge the wires together momentarily and see if the gauge moves.

if it does then its the sendor in the tank thats at fault, if it doesnt you have a problem with wiring or the gauge in the dash itself.

hope that helps :)

• Thanks 1

Dogboy
under the rear seat there are two black covers. under the one is the fuel pump and the other is the sender unit. just unplug the connector and with the ignition switched on bridge the wires together momentarily and see if the gauge moves.

if it does then its the sendor in the tank thats at fault, if it doesnt you have a problem with wiring or the gauge in the dash itself.

hope that helps :ph34r:

thats great, thanks alot. will give it a go and see what the result is.

cheers.

Sign in to follow this