• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ahl

Loud Click On Hard Braking/full Lock/bumps

Ahl

Im getting a loud click from the front RHS of my 205. Its been doing it a while, but previously only under heavy braking.

Now its doing it under lighter braking, but also acceleration, bigish dips or bumps and also when turning close to full lock at low speeds.

It only clicks once, like something settling into place, and I haven't experienced any adverse effects on braking/handling etc.

I've had a good look and had another just tonight and I can't see anything obviously dangerous. Nothing seems to have any play, no bolts seem to be loose. Has anyone else had anything similar? :D

jackherer

I've seen that caused by a bad wishbone bush moving forwards and backwards, it didnt really affect handling either unlike a typical wishbone bush failure. IIRC they were aftermarket bushes.

Anthony

Worth checking the subframe bolts as well, as these coming loose causes all kinds of odd knocking sounds

Ahl

Just thought I should update this - now sorted - it turned out to be the ARB droplink on the right side.

It wasn't making the noise when shoogling it normally, I had to grab the ARB itself and shoogle it in just the right way to make it click. Or thats my excuse anyway. :blink:

greig

what was the solution to this? or is it not sorted yet? is it the arb bushes?

Ahl

Oh, its sorted. I had to replace the ARB droplink - the balljoints go loose and knock on them.

There are plenty more things that can knock on the front end of a 205/309/306 though.

The ARB bushes don't make any noise when they're worn (in my experience) but are very worthwhile changing anyway.

Sign in to follow this