• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smckeown

Xu9j4 Cranks And Pistons

smckeown

I've been doing some searhcing recently and it seems these items are getting so rare. Is it too expensive to say get someone to manufacture some ? I've seen posts about getting cast pistons made, but never seen anything on cranks, I assume this is because they are a very expensive item.

If the 1.6 and 1.9 8v engines would benefit from the same pistons, why hasn't someone had a batch made ??

Sean

Edited by smckeown

M3Evo

Weren't the Mi16 (think that the 9J4 isn't it? :D ) cranks forged?

Think you'd need the biggest group buy in the world to make tooling up for that feasible!

To my mind though, getting them cast wouldn't cost that much, but then there's the machining afterwards and I rather fancy that your local machine shop might tell you to piss off if you took them a cast crank blank for grinding!......but that is just a guess!

Take it there's nothing else that would conveniently fit without too much hassle like something from the XE engines or something? Sure I've read somewhere that the Mi16 head fits the XE.....who knows, the cranks might swap over too........possibly! :blush:

Edited by M3Evo

pug_ham

I thought I read a post recently that said the diesel cranks also had the double counter balance weights like the Mi16 cranks. Should still be plenty of those around in scrapyard.

Or am I worng?

Graham.

M3Evo

Didn't PumaRacing say he is/was tooled up to make cranks at some point too?

B1ack_Mi16

Only cranks I have found to be forged are the XU11D and XU10J4TE cranks.

(I'm not sure about XU10J2TE 8v turbo?).

The Mi16/9J4 one is cast.

petert

QEP has new forged XU9J4 cranks. New forged pistons are easy to come by.

Mandic

Do You happen to know what's the retail on those cranks?

Cheers

Ziga

Mattsav

Forged Cranks are not a problem £1000 + Vat

Mi16 Forged Rods on the shelf £75 + vat

Mi16 Forged Pistons on the shelf - £450 + Vat.

Its all comes down to supply & demand.

If you want to order 200 cranks and 200 sets of Rods and Pistons then we can do a much better price.

Sign in to follow this