• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Adnic69

Alcon's Fitted

Adnic69

After buying the Alcon's that Stew205 was selling on here I have fitted them today. They are bloody huge! Not so much the disc but the caliper looks like it would stop a bus. They were not a straight fit but a little work with a file and the now fit very well. Can't wait to see what they are like! Just got some wirring to do and a few other things then the car will be on the road again.

Here are some pics

pics045iz0.th.png

pics044hq1.th.png

Rippthrough
After buying the Alcon's that Stew205 was selling on here I have fitted them today. They are bloody huge! Not so much the disc but the caliper looks like it would stop a bus.

Must have been one hell of a bus!

-phillip

smckeown

my god that is a massive caliper, what did it weigh roughly?

Sam

Are they missing a bleed nipple?

Fingers crossed they don't squeel, my brembos are pretty loud.

Adnic69

As for weight I don't know what they weight but its not much. I will weigh one befor I bleed them and let you all know. The brakes on the elise squeel like hell, will be use to it if they do.

They are pretty big are'nt they.

Jonmurgie

WOW, they look like you will stop you well :)

Adnic69

Yes a bleed nipple is missing.

Are they much bigger than the 4 pot wilwoods?

smckeown

i'd say so, even bigger than hi-spec's

Sean

Sam

I hope they aren't too bad for wheel clearance then, the v6 brembos which are wider than that are a nightmare to get wheels that fit over them.

Adnic69

Wheels are on ok. I just needed to take a bit of material off the inside of the wheel where the radius is for the wheel bolts if that makes sense. There is not much room but wheels fit and rotate ok.

pugrallye

alcons are the daddy, good choice there

cybernck

wow, you don't hang about do you! :)

Adnic69

I don't hang around?

Jonmurgie

They do look a fair bit bigger then the wilwoods... be careful taking metal off the wheel, I had a clearence issue with the wilwoods and took metal off the edge of the caliper as I didn't tink it a great idea to take a grinder to the wheels :)

Adnic69

It would have only been about 1-1.5mm over and area of 20mm square. I would not have taken any more off.

jackherer
They do look a fair bit bigger then the wilwoods... be careful taking metal off the wheel, I had a clearence issue with the wilwoods and took metal off the edge of the caliper as I didn't tink it a great idea to take a grinder to the wheels :P

thats exactly what I did to my mates wilwoods as I would have had to grind a LOT of wheels as we are always swapping them for track wheels etc.

Powers

When i used/had a set of these i ground off the caliper rather than the wheels as jackherer mentioned "I would have had to grind a LOT of wheels as we are always swapping them for track wheels etc".

Sign in to follow this