• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
munky205

Ignition Amp

munky205

.....do they have different amounts of pins? Does it change anything? GSF list 5 pin and 7 pin but mine has got 6 pins on my 1.9 mi :D

Miles

The amp you want is MTR01, this fit's all the 1.6, 1.9 and Mi16 engines all pre cat ones, The list's are wrong and I've had new Intermotor ones which don't work, You can;t beat the bosch ones even down to I would buy a Second hand one.

inferno

i have 2 bosch ones... mtr01 and mtr03... both work fine with my mi16. one was from a 1.6 gti, i suspect the mtr01 as posted above... !

welshpug
i have 2 bosch ones... mtr01 and mtr03... both work fine with my mi16. one was from a 1.6 gti, i suspect the mtr01 as posted above... !

yes but the connector has 7 slots even if there are only 6 used...

d-9

Do GSF sell the bosch ones? My car seems to eat the damn things :(

munky205

Guess i'll just go by the code and not worry about the amount of pins. Thats made things a whole lot less confusing. Do any sites actually list them by the original part number thats on them or only by their own codes?

Cheers,

Steve

hexhamstu

i had an intermotor one that didnt work caused a big headache as i ticked changing the ign module off the list, turned out i was actually that and i had plugged a brand new broken one in. how can they actually sell ones that dont work?

Sign in to follow this