• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest marcusjj

Instrumentpanel, Need Some Help

Guest marcusjj

Hello everyone!

Yesterday my 205GTI 1.9L went "crazy". When i started it and drove away for like 200yards it started to lose power. a red light lighten on the panel and i was like OPS. i didnt do anything wrong(like to much trottle and stuff when its cold) i just drove like i used to. i stoped and shut it off. then i started it again to see if it was working again. The icon on the panel wasnt light so i thought it was fine to drive again. Then i drove home like nothing happend :/

Here's a pic of the icon.

bobobo.jpg

I aint got the manual so i need some help to check what this icon means.

I really hope it aint to much to worry about.

Yours // Marcus

inferno

are they gti clocks? mine dont have numbers on the guages....

Guest cknotty

They are GTi clocks, but for some reason known only to Peugeot, UK specification cars don't have numbers on the gauges. A bit of a shame really, as I'd have liked them on mine.

Marcus, from this article, the warning light in that location is the catalytic converter overheating. If you had only just started it, then it's more likely to be a duff sensor somewhere: lambda sensor perhaps?

Chris

Guest marcusjj
They are GTi clocks, but for some reason known only to Peugeot, UK specification cars don't have numbers on the gauges. A bit of a shame really, as I'd have liked them on mine.

Marcus, from this article, the warning light in that location is the catalytic converter overheating. If you had only just started it, then it's more likely to be a duff sensor somewhere: lambda sensor perhaps?

Chris

Uhmm, the icon that shows in that article doesnt look like mine :/

Mine looks something like this:

The circle is a pic of an engine.

iconnnn.jpg

inferno

thats the ecu light... get it on a fault code reader and itll tell you where the problem is.

Miles

Yep the ECU Diag light, You might have to pop along to a garage with diagnostic eqiupment to find out what the fault is as they can monitor it in real time.

timmsy19

yep i was going to say the same thing. apparently its only motronic versions?

Super Josh

Can't you use the old 'Led and Switch' trick and read out the fault code by counting the Led flashes? Then post up the fault code and we'll tell you the fault :P

Josh

Guest marcusjj

I called a garage and told him what happend to me when i was out driving. He told me that he was quite sure that it was some problem with the ignition or the cat. So iv got the car at his place atm so he can fix it if there is any seriuos things.

/Marcus

Sign in to follow this