• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
paul205mi16

205mi16 Cutting Out And Not Restarting

paul205mi16

Hi All

Ive been having major over fueling issues with my 205 mi16 and decided to get a known working-second hand ecu after changing other electric componants

(ign amp,ecu temp sensor and also fuel reg)

Anyways I fitted the ecu and started the car up and it is alot better than it was before so i left it idleing for 5 mins with the revs staying around 2500rpm on automatic choke, the revs then started to slowly drop towards 1500rpm, i give the car a few revs and all seemed fairly smooth and free reving-like i would expect, then after 10mins it sudenly cut out and wouldnt restart.

i looked at the battery terminals to see if they was well conected and found that the negative terinal was very hot. i then checked the coil and ign amp-but they was both cool and conections seemed to be fine. the other thing that i noticed was that theer was a fair bit of pressure in the water pipes and it was allmost to the boiling point (very hot), but saying that i had emptyed the water system earlier today and not bled it atall.

what does it mean if the battery terminal gets hot?

what other things should i check?

thanks

Paul.

P.s:its running on m1.3 mi16 management and has the correct ecu-0261 200 355

Edited by paul205mi16

Miles

If the terminal/wire is getting hot then you have a bad connection as it causes a high resistance thus making the current flow harder than it should, Worth checking the cable to the engine/Gearbox and Body these do corrode up over the years and cause this to a degree.

Sign in to follow this