• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
paul205mi16

Help Needed With Earth Wires And Other Wiring

paul205mi16

hi.

its been a while but over the past months ive been trying to sort out my 205 mi16 conversion.

engine is in and wired up but ive been experiencing massive over fueling and been buying known working parts to get it running right before the end of the summer.

i actually took pics a few weeks ago but have lost them so hence the rubbish images.

So far ive swaped:

ecu temp sensor

ign amp

regulator

also had new 8mm ht leads

new plugs

checked cap&arm-both fine.

before i try the second hand known working ecu i want to verify where some wires go-mainley earth wires i think?, please help if you can as i have no decent haynes reference either.

the m1.3 mi16 management has been used.

1: white wire short distance from the ecu-*white and number 15*

mi16sparewirebyecu.jpg

is this an earth or for some kind of sensor?

2. x2-wire that come from by the ignition barrel ,under the dash*yellow,numbers,75 and 75R*

spadeconnectorsbyecufromunderdash.jpg

dont know what these are for-maybe it was for some kind of extra when purchasing the 205?

3. wire that comes from by the fuse box is this an earth?*green in colour,number 40C*

(no need for another crappy picture me thinks.)

4.Where is the knock sensor located and what wires go to it?

also the wires for the throtle position sensor have been chopped off so im left with three wires from the senser loom with no visable numbers.

light blue

blue

red

So how can i tell whick wire goes to which pin on the tps? are two wire live and one a earth? do i need to get the multimeter out?

p.s,sorry about the pics!! :D camera is broke. :)

many thanks

Paul.

Edited by paul205mi16

Ryan

The white wire near the ECU plug sounds like the 12V feed for the fuel pump. How is your pump currently wired up?

The loose yellow wires under the dash aren't used on the GTI. They light up the choke warning light on the dash on carb models when connected to earth.

littlemike

I'd say it's because you've not got the throttle switch wired up that's causing the problem!

paul205mi16

ryan:

the fuel pump works when i turn the ignition to the starting position but its doesnt prime on second click,ive heard that this is the case with some mi16 conversions and not a real problem.

the looms was send away to pugspares or pugperformance a couple of years ago for them to do for me.

litlemike:

the trottle switch was wired up when i had the mi16 loom mated with the 1.9gti loom,but my nephew decided they had put the wires in the wrong order and chopped the wires off after looking at the haynes we had-leaving me confused in which order to put them back! it was however running the same as it is now with no tps connected before they was chopped.

any more surgestions?

Edited by paul205mi16

Sign in to follow this