• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
frodo_monkey

Cylinder Head Work

frodo_monkey

Hi,

I've an XU10J2 head which I want to put on my 1.6 block, but before that I want to treat it to 3-angle valve seats, and a bit of a port and polish.

Having searched a bit, QED sounds like a safe bet... But its a hell of a drive from near Northallerton (Just south of Middlesbrough) - can anybody recommend somebody a little closer? Basically I'm just being cheap and not wanting to shell out on a courier. I do have occasional reason to go down to Sussex (parents live down that way), but would prefer to have the work done somewhere local. Any ideas?

Frodo

PS Before anyone suggests it, I've heard a few dubious reports from mates about a certain company based the other side of the Pennines, so don't particularly want to go there :)

max0
Hi,

I've an XU10J2 head which I want to put on my 1.6 block, but before that I want to treat it to 3-angle valve seats, and a bit of a port and polish.

Having searched a bit, QED sounds like a safe bet... But its a hell of a drive from near Northallerton (Just south of Middlesbrough) - can anybody recommend somebody a little closer? Basically I'm just being cheap and not wanting to shell out on a courier. I do have occasional reason to go down to Sussex (parents live down that way), but would prefer to have the work done somewhere local. Any ideas?

Frodo

PS Before anyone suggests it, I've heard a few dubious reports from mates about a certain company based the other side of the Pennines, so don't particularly want to go there :)

Alister Anchorage Lane, Northallerton gets my vote. There is also a place down castle hills in northallerton but id go see Alister.

If you dont know where anchorage lane is give me a shout as i live in northallerton

Alister Anchorage Lane, Northallerton gets my vote. There is also a place down castle hills in northallerton but id go see Alister.

If you dont know where anchorage lane is give me a shout as i live in northallerton

edit ive got a breaker bar if you need a hand with ya engine :D Andy

Guest andy309goodwood

dont know any one up there but can strongly recomend mark shilliber down devon way , well worth the postage costs

mickie

Northern Rebore Services

54-56 Elswick Road

Newcastle upon Tyne

NE4 6JH

Tyne and Wear

Tel: 0191 273 4326

Fax: 0191 2734326

Internet: www.northernrebore.co.uk

these guys are top notch

mfield

Ive never had head work done there but ive had a bottom end from Autosprint over by brum, they advertise in the back of retro cars iirc.

christopher
Ive never had head work done there but ive had a bottom end from Autosprint over by brum, they advertise in the back of retro cars iirc.

Give Guy Croft a ring. You can see the quality of his work on the site. (He is about 111 miles from you).

He is legendary in the fiat/lancia world and has race tuned all types of engines including cosworth and the like. He builds whole engines and heads to any spec and designs pistons and the like. Bear in mind that this work is mainly for race engines.

WWW.GCROFT.COM

GUY CROFT RACING ENGINES - RENOWNED COMPETITION ENGINE BUILDER

OFFERING EXTREME LIMIT CYLINDER HEAD FLOWBENCH DEVELOPMENT AND OVERHAUL

ON ALL ALLOY COMPETITION HEADS WITH FULL SUPPORTING DATA

INCLUDING ALFA ROMEO, FORD, VW, FIAT, LANCIA, BMW, VAUXHALL, PEUGEOT, SUZUKI, TOYOTA

AGENT FOR CP PISTONS, CUNNINGHAM RODS, NGK RACE PLUGS, HELIX CLUTCHES, KENT CAMS

15 YEARS EXPERIENCE INCLUDING FORMULA ONE

ENGINES AND HEAD PREP EXCLUSIVELY FOR RACE AND RALLY

TEL: (0)1522 705 222 FAX: (0)1522 705 333

UNIT 3B, WHISBY RD., LINCOLN UK. LN6 3QT

E mail: croftengines@aol.com

Dom9

Another vote for Autosprint from me... Depending on how far away he is from you!

You are unlikely to find much cheaper, either! :)

Sign in to follow this