• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
acox99

Mi16 4x4

acox99

i was toying on the idea of doing a 4wd conversion into a 205, but what are the max ratings the 4wd transmition can take, and what is a good upgrade for cogs in the transfer box. can anyone help, really stuck in what to do

cheers

ali

petert

I've heard differing reports as to how much hp/torque they can handle, from a little to a lot. You change the gears and cwp in the gearbox like normal, rather than the transfer case. The transfer case gearing is the reverse of the rear diff, so they cancel each other out.

welshpug

well the White 405 T16 I saw at Pughfest is running roughly 280bhp on a remap so I guess well over that.

boombang

I thought the T16 ran some uprated parts including larger diameter input shaft?

acox99

just im hopoing to be running 200-250 bhp and didnt know if i would have to uprate the driveshafts or gearbox. anyone know of any good companies who would be able to help. eg parts or advise

pugrallye

Wouldnt bother personally, yes in the past (another thread about this somewhere) peugeot used to sell uprated transfer boxes to handle increase in power on an mi 16 4x4, but if you can find one you will be lucky, as even putting a std mi16 4x4 on carbs used to cause transfer box failure, T16 parts are uprated from mi, but they are rare over here, as you prob well know!

The problem with the transfer boxes is the splines , they werent designed with high power in mind and seize up, literally bringing the car to a grinding halt they get so bad you cant actually split the transfer box apart

Edited by pugrallye

acox99

That still doesnt help, are there any companies like quife that make them, or anyway you can change the spines of put better cogs in the box so this doesnt happen? any help? how have people like green machine done this and got over the problem, cant find any threads on this.

cybernck

there are two types of failures:

- interconnetion shafts splines wear - due to shafts being exposed, so they rust

- transferbox planetary wheel exploding - due to mileage, bad oil, too much torque

btw, T16 has a completely different gearbox to Mi16x4 (which has a BE3 type).

pugrallye

you can still get the uprated transfer boxes, a snip at 1200 quid, might also want to look at an uprated rear diff too if your running over about 250 brake

acox99

do you get the uprated transfer boxs from peugeot, or an aftermarket company? Can you buy uprated rear diffs from peugeot, just im new to this game and have no idea!!!

cheers for all your help, and sorry for me being useless

Sign in to follow this