• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dave_McC

Indicators Stopped Working

Dave_McC

I've just finished putting the dash back in my ph1.5 205 cti, and the indicators now don't work. Hazards work fine, so relay, earthing etc is presumably ok. Is there a connector somewhere which I could have dislodged (or not reconnected) which would cause this?

Ta

Dave

M@tt

The things to check in that case is whether the rest of the functions on the stalk are working and if not it would indicate that you haven't pushed the connector back into the control stalk properly. Also check all the plugs are in firmly in the fuseboard if you've had them out.

Another possible reason (which is what caused mine) is that i pinched the wiring bettween the steering column and the body when refitting everything and even though i hadn't broken/stripped the wiring i had crushed it sufficiently that it caused me intermittant indicators etc have a check.

HTH

jackherer

also check the plug on the hazard light switch, I know you said the hazards work but the indicators are wired through the hazard switch, if you unplug it the indicators wont work so it could still be a loose connection there.

Dave_McC

Aah - the hazard warning switch may be the key - it was intermittent, sometimes only operating one side indicators and sometimes not working at all.

The light function and horn on the same stalk works fine - so the stalk connector is connected.

Cheers

Dave

jackherer

I've known the hazard switch to fail in such a way as to stop the indicators working at all while the hazards still worked fine!

Sign in to follow this