• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
aldo56

1.9 Running Rich/lean?

aldo56

Ive recently completed my 1.6-1.9 convo :(

I finaly got my afm and ecu in today and its running great.

The only problem i have however is:

cruising along in 5th at 30ish mph, when you put ure foot to the floore very little happens, it seems to go into a flat spot and the engine doesnt seem to like it. :blink:

i think it also happens in other gears at low speeds

however if you apply the throttle gradualy this doesnt happen.

surely this cant be right??? ive also got a piper x filter and the ecu has been chipped.

ive tried playing about with the screw on the throttle body but im not sure if this only affects the idle speed and not the fuel/ air mixture??

any possible soultions would be great!!!! :D cheers allan

veloce200

so difficult to make any assessment without being in the car - could be an airleak or also check the distributor vacuum pipe for leak free condition. Any 1.9 should have good throttle response in virtually any gear any speed. if you are in doubt it might be easier to spend an hour on a rolling road to see what the mixture is doing.

Jonmurgie

Have you set the timing up correclty for full throttle?

veloce200
ive tried playing about with the screw on the throttle body but im not sure if this only affects the idle speed and not the fuel/ air mixture??

it's an idle air bleed. will impact mixture at other points in rev range as well to a degree.

aldo56

im going to get the timing set up properly asap, so you think there is an air leak somwhere??

it's an idle air bleed. will impact mixture at other points in rev range as well to a degree.

aldo56

got the timing set up properly now and a new standard ecu in!

The car now goes like F**k !!! :wub:

superchips = rubbish

thanks for the advice

welshpug

one tip, the engines only doing 1500 rpm in 5th at 30mph...

no wonder it doesnt pull!

PumaRacing
surely this cant be right??? ive also got a piper x filter and the ecu has been chipped.

Hmmmm. If you put both of these back to standard items it'll probably sort out most of your problems.

Sign in to follow this