• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Michael MRK

Another Rubbing Problem :s

Guest Michael MRK

ok, my problem is as i know i converted my 205 GL/GR to a fully GTi, played alittle bit on the outer rear arches to put 195/50 r15 rims, lowered a little bit (you can put 2 fingers between the wheel and the outer arch), but now the problem that if i had a passengers, and i'm kind running, if i took a speed bump, it rubs badly on the outer arch, knowin that i'm putting spacers at the back, not that precise cos i dunno the exact ET fot for the 15s i'm usin rite now, and i have a full front and rear 1.9 gti suspension (rear torsion bar including discs), now my question is, if i fit 1.9 15s rims speedlines, with the same lowering, will the rubbing disappear ??? when i'm carrying loads or taking speed bumps at high speed or not ??, cos if it won't disappear, then i'll switch for 14s rims 185/60 r14 rims and tyres.., cos its hardly to find 185/55 r15 here

i know that topic been made alot, but i searched alot but coulnd't get any precise answer for my question,

thanks..

johnnie

The car is powerful enough to put 14 inch wheels. You will find solution with the rub ,although you will spin always. A little expensive solution is 195/45 R15 wheels and tyres

Guest Michael MRK

ok, another question, if i put 185/60 r14 rims and tyres, will it be ok if i lowered the car 60 mm at the rear ??

Guest Michael MRK

and what if i put the original 1.9 speedlines on the same tyres 195/50 r15 ?? will it be rubbing too if i had ppl in or at speed bumps ??

DaveW

yes 5 door has a very small arch on it dont they??

Rob_the_Sparky

Well if the beam is good we get no rubbing on a GTi but do get rubbing with a 309 beam on a 205. In this case it is much worse if no bump stops are fitted, these prevent the worst of the problems.

In your case it will depend on what you have done to the rear arches, if I remember correctly you flaired them from a basic shell so your clearance is going to be different from anyone elses.

Rob

Guest Michael MRK

finally i solved the rubbing, sold my 15s rims, and got myself a nice 14s ones, with 185/60 r14 tyres, they worked perfectly, lowered the car 60 mm, and now with even ppl in the back seats, it don't rub at all, just sometimes the bump stop squeal when takin a really big speed bump..!!

thanks for help dudes.. :D

Sign in to follow this