• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
veloce200

Std 8v Rolling Road Sussex Performance Centre

veloce200

Just had the car dyno'd at Sussex Performance Centre. It's std 8v running Emerald ECU - I mapped it myself using narrowband and have been running it for over 2yrs like this. I wanted to get it mapped at WOT before modifying so I knew what horsepower my sprint times were based on before I rebuild the engine.

I guessed it might be 95 at the wheels as I knew I was running it rich. It was 94.5 ! what a guess!

it was sure enough running rich as low as 11:1 at 6000rpm but the power and torque curve at WOT was smooth so it does show you can map these things yourself and get pretty close.

Overall result at the wheels up to 98.5. Their rroad seems accurate as the flywheel corrected figure was 115.9hp before and 120.8hp afterwards. Peak torque 127lb/ft at 3500 rpm. Perhaps the BMC Airbox and lower coolant temperature helped this figure.

Pretty pleased with figures - especially seeing as the engine was subject to a very dodgy big end rebuild many moons ago when the oil pump broke off. So for all you Sussex based people here is IMO an accurate rolling road, if a little pricey at £90 hr. Then again it only took 1hr....and it was local to me.

So overall 4% gain from rroad tuning, but a lot of time saved by doing most of the mapping myself :)

Sandy

Great stuff! I've mapped several of my own and friends engines now and done some work with a local engine builder on his rollers. It's really interesting and the more I do, the better I get! An Mi i did on the road recently went on the rollers and basically only needed some leaning up at full throttle (i'd deliberately left it a bit rich). It's amazing how close you can get with practice! I don't think many mappers spend time on part throttle/idle/cold start and if you can resolve that, it makes a huge difference to your enjoyment of the car.

Sign in to follow this