• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
skeggyrik

309 Wishbones On A 205, Driveshafts Issues?

skeggyrik

Can anyone confirm if it is an absolute no no to fit 309 wishbones with standard 205 driveshafts?

What are the potential issues, any one had issues doing this?

Or are there people out there who have done this with no problems to report?

Any info relating to the above appreciated.

When car is back on the road it will more than likely be on -35mm springs, if this makes any difference.

roland rat

i think the 309driveshafts are longer not sure if this would have any thing to do with it?

Butler

Some have had issues some haven't there was a thread about it recently. 205 ones can pop out.

Edited by Butler

tom_m

I ran mine for a year with 309 wishbones and 205 shafts with no problems whatsoever. other people have had them pop out of the gearbox on full extension. mine was decked so possibly the ride height has something to do with it, though i did have it airbourne with the 309/205 combo with no ill effects (private road obviously :rolleyes:)

Miles

As said, Some do some don't but I think it's all down to the shell alignment, So no harm in trying the 205 shafts if you've got them

Rik

What about 309 rose jointed wishbones on a 205?

Am i gonna need 309 driveshafts then?

Rik

Ahl

It'll depend how far out you move the rose joint won't it?

If the wishbone is the same overall length as 205 ones, then 205 driveshafts will do. If they're 309 length (or more) you'll want the longer 309 shafts.

rogerrally

my 15" speedlines sit out right by the wheel arches, and wider than the bottom front bumper when looking straight on, when I fit them to my 1.6, compared to when there on my 1.9, (checker no spacers on the hubs), could thar mean that I have longer 309 wishbones fitted by the previous owner?

does anyone have the length mesurement of 205 V 309 wishbone?

jackherer

1.6s have a wider track than 1.9s, the difference is in the hubs.

petert
What about 309 rose jointed wishbones on a 205?

Am i gonna need 309 driveshafts then?

Rik

I've definitely seen 205 shafts with that combo fail in spectacular fashion, from trying to add too much negative camber. You should definitely use 309, or even BX16V shafts if you're looking for more than 2.5 deg.

Edited by petert

Baz

ZX16v shafts any good with the 309 wishbones? May be another possibility?

C_W

I ran 309 wishbones with a 205 RHS driveshaft (the long one) and the 309 LHS (short one) without problems.

Anthony
ZX16v shafts any good with the 309 wishbones? May be another possibility?

Possibly - a ZX Volcane TD passenger shaft was very similar length to a 309 GTi one, and same fitment/splines

Baz
Possibly - a ZX Volcane TD passenger shaft was very similar length to a 309 GTi one, and same fitment/splines

:) Think i'll have to have a little measure up then as i have both sets off atm, could be handy for people to know if they're the same/silmilar length.

Sign in to follow this