• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest richardjt

Std Gti6 Ecu And Tb's

Guest richardjt

Hi,

Thinking about a tb conversion. There seems to be all sorts of different potential combinations to explore, however, the gti6 ecu is mapable, any reason why tb's won't run well with the std ecu in my 306rallye (same as gti6)?

On reading up on this it seems the only problem might be the cost of getting the ecu re-mapped when the engine is further modified. Although, cant imagine the cost is that much more..?

Any extra sensors required if using the std ecu with tb's?

Cheers in advance for any comments,

Rick

cybernck

does gti-6 normally have a proper throttle pot? as that's what you'll need.

pugrallye

yes it does, but also throttle heaters etc.. unplugging those will cause engine management light to come on

huckleberry

Didn't someone on this form have a 205 1,9 8v on TBs with a remapped GTI-6 management?

Guest richardjt

Cheers guys.

Pugrallye - Any way of overcoming the problem you mention? What are throttle heaters? Thought I knew a thing or two but not heard of these!

petert

I would have thought the GTi6 ECU would be good on TB's as it senses load via a map sensor. I know a guy who did the same successfully with an S16.

Sandy

It'lll sound fantastic with the right set up, GTi6 cams seem to make a very nice induction hammer!

huckleberry
Didn't someone on this form have a 205 1,9 8v on TBs with a remapped GTI-6 management?

LOL Quoting myself; TT205 has it.

cybernck
I would have thought the GTi6 ECU would be good on TB's as it senses load via a map sensor

well that's pretty much the only reason it's possible to do it like that <_<.

airbox with an AFM on the end/entry would be silly on throttle bodies.

pug_ham
LOL Quoting myself; TT205 has it.

Dave's car is using Magnet Marelli 8P not the Gti-6 management (Magnet Marelli 1AP.10).

Graham.

pugrallye

Your throttle heater lives in throotle body, helping avoid icing and increasing fuel vapourisation, was working on 6's when they frst came out, still doing it now, lol

Sign in to follow this