• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AndyUoh

Alloy Wheel Refurbishment

AndyUoh

Hey guys, im looking for some advice. I was reading that article on the site about refurbing alloys DIY style. Is it an easy option? I was considering refurbing some 1.9 alloys and spraying them white to go on my white 1.6 GTi. Is that really chavvy? What do you guys think. Ive got the standard pepperpots, which are ok but quite badly kerbed.

Im trying to find a shotblasting place. What do you reckon i should do?

Cheers

Andy

ashley peddle

i could do them - drop me a pm if ure interested dude B)

j-16

It's certainly not easy to hand strip the old paint and primer and i would not recommend this - it took me ages and the finish wasn't great. You could however get them sand/shot blasted to remove this then paint them yourself which isn't too tricky.

bitchass 205

i had mine shot blasted, by far the quickest way to get a good finish. they also said they could prime them for me, wish i had done now! already spent 20 quid on primer and still have 3 wheels to go!! B):D

AndyUoh

Whereabouts did you get them done in kent? And how much did they charge? Cheers

Andy

ashley peddle

£20 on primer for 1 wheel? B) £10 on primer is more than enough for all 4 wheels using the big halfords cans :D

seriously dude if you want to drop me a pm i can do you a set of white pepperpots... i even have a set laying around that havnt been kerbed (i dont think) so can spray them and exchange your wheels so that you dont go without. :)

its not *that* hard but getting it shiney can be a bitch... i done white 1.6 wheels for my car and loved them... :)

bitchass 205
Whereabouts did you get them done in kent? And how much did they charge? Cheers

Andy

Chart Engineering in Pluckley, near ashford. cost £50 for 5 plus vat, about 60 all in, did a good job too.

£20 on primer for 1 wheel? B) £10 on primer is more than enough for all 4 wheels using the big halfords cans :D

seriously dude if you want to drop me a pm i can do you a set of white pepperpots... i even have a set laying around that havnt been kerbed (i dont think) so can spray them and exchange your wheels so that you dont go without. :)

its not *that* hard but getting it shiney can be a bitch... i done white 1.6 wheels for my car and loved them... :)

Yeah i know now!! when i primed them i wasn't sure how much to do, got 3 out of 5 left, if you fancy helping me out let me know how much!

pugpete1108

bitchass205 , where are you in ashford ?, i live here to and don't see many 205's around.

about the wheel refurb , can they alloy weld as a couple of mine have some chunks missing?

cheers .

bitchass 205
bitchass205 , where are you in ashford ?, i live here to and don't see many 205's around.

about the wheel refurb , can they alloy weld as a couple of mine have some chunks missing?

cheers .

Singleton,

Your're not the chap would i sold my mint 1.6 seats to a while back? I know of two at least, my mates and the chap in willsborough.

Not sure about alloy welding, they mainly do major structural stuff for bridges etc, they did my wheels as a side jobbie. I'd like to know, now you mention it as one of mine has a chunk out of it! B)

pugpete1108

no i live over newtown , but don't drive the 205 at the mo cos its just a shell waiting for an engine,seats,windows, etc. i did sell a boot to a bloke over park farm a little while back though.

i will have to give them a bell and see , so they did it as a special favour to you?

bitchass 205
no i live over newtown , but don't drive the 205 at the mo cos its just a shell waiting for an engine,seats,windows, etc. i did sell a boot to a bloke over park farm a little while back though.

i will have to give them a bell and see , so they did it as a special favour to you?

My mate lives in Newtown, well Cudworth road hes got a nice j plate 1.9 with abs and powersteering, fast!!

Phone: 01233 840555

www.chartengineering.com

£58.75 in total.

pugpete1108
My mate lives in Newtown, well Cudworth road hes got a nice j plate 1.9 with abs and powersteering, fast!!

Phone: 01233 840555

www.chartengineering.com

£58.75 in total.

nice, i think i have seen that one down there .

there's more than you think B)

cheers for the info i wil see what they can offer

if they do welding i will let you know

bitchass 205

mines on an F plate graphite grey give a toot if you happen to see me, although it only goes to work and back, rarely out at night to many nova's and saxo's that might crase into me!! B)

notamondayfan

anyone recomend a place further north? im going to get my split rims done next month some time.

pugpete1108
mines on an F plate graphite grey give a toot if you happen to see me, although it only goes to work and back, rarely out at night to many nova's and saxo's that might crase into me!! B)

will do, if you see a crappy black mondeo saloon frantically honking that would be me :D

ashley peddle

here ya go fella... they look quite ace i thing :D (my old 205 :blush:)

picture180th1.jpg

Sign in to follow this