• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mrblonde

Bonnet

mrblonde

hi ya.my bonnet of my pug is setting more to one side.ie one side touches the headlight.i have tired to adjust the bonnet catch.but dont seem to be working.anyone had this problem or any ideas please?.

nick

I just opened mine up and pushed it over until it was central, it doesn't take much force though so be careful.

Or undo the bolts on the hinges slightly and square it up like that.

Nick

Edited by nick

steve@cornwall
hi ya.my bonnet of my pug is setting more to one side.ie one side touches the headlight.i have tired to adjust the bonnet catch.but dont seem to be working.anyone had this problem or any ideas please?.

Do you mean it's sitting lower on one side with the shut lines by the wings equal, or shut lines un-equal and bonnet generally "p*ssed" ?

For one corner lower there should be two rubber grommetts, one either side to space the bonnet off the slam panel- these screw in/out for up/down adjustment and seem to be often missing.

If its fitted out of line- as above post by Nick

Edited by steve@cornwall

mrblonde

yeah its got the rubbers,i will try adjusting them tonight.i had a recon engine go in a few months ago,so they may of took the bonnet off to get the engine in.if you look at the car from the front with the bonnet closed.it seats at an angle.

mrblonde

hey,yep tired that last night and worked,thanks lads. :blush:

Sign in to follow this