• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tweek_1984

Dead Radio

Guest Tweek_1984

My Kenwood KRC-759R packed-up a while ago and I've just got round to fixing it, except, I can't.

I have no idea how to wire it all back up.

The problem is that the 10-pin plug has a bunch of wires that have come lose from the junctions and i've no idea which wires go where.

I don't suppose anybody can help me out here?

pug_ham

Try a

searchanimated1yr.gif

The radio wiring has been posted here several times before.

Graham.

Guest Tweek_1984

I've progressed a bit and the search function doesnt show up what I'm after.

I'm in a position whereby i've wired up the radio so that I'm getting sound through the speakers but the actual display on the headunit isnt lighting up properly. It does light up slightly, but the actual word display isnt coming up.

Now I've got two wires left. A stray blue & white wire, and a green one. Interestingly, when I connect the green wire up with the live or the constant the sidelights come on!

Basically all i need now is the headunit to light up properly and I'll be done. Any ideas what may be wrong?

pugpete1108
I've progressed a bit and the search function doesnt show up what I'm after.

I'm in a position whereby i've wired up the radio so that I'm getting sound through the speakers but the actual display on the headunit isnt lighting up properly. It does light up slightly, but the actual word display isnt coming up.

Now I've got two wires left. A stray blue & white wire, and a green one. Interestingly, when I connect the green wire up with the live or the constant the sidelights come on!

Basically all i need now is the headunit to light up properly and I'll be done. Any ideas what may be wrong?

sound like the head unit is fubar, the blue and white will probably be the antenna power (for electric ariels),not sure about the green one though.

but still if the head unit is workng and you are getting sound then any other issues with the display will be within the unit not the external wiring.

Guest Tweek_1984

Yea, damn. Not what I wanted to hear. I'm about to sell the car so not having a radio/cd player is real annoying.

Thanks anyways.

Guest Tweek_1984

Just a quick update and a question.

I tracked down the problem. My headunit flips over and hides itself when the engine is tuned off and when the ignition is turned on it flips over and starts playing. Well, the face panel is connected to the main unit by a ribbon wire which seems to be faulty.

Anyways, theres not much I can do with it, unless you lot can think of anything?

I'm looking to sell my car. Will the absence of any radio take any value from it? Would it be worth purchasing a cheap headunit from ebay or something or should I just sell the car without a radio?

Guest Lil Black Pug

Kenwoods are notorious to fail like this you can get the part off ebay these days and its not hard to do yourself. |Its quite common to buy a car these days without a radio hou

Guest BrainFluid

I dont know anyone who buys a car because of the stero! Its usually a bonus item or somthing to haggle about with the price "how much for it if you keep the stereo" etc.

Decent after market stereos are so common now who doesnt have at least one spare anyway!

Mind you a few folk like to sell a car with all its bonus items, it makes them feel like a good seller lol.

Guest Tweek_1984

Yea. I mean, I want as much as I can get for the car itself and having an empty hole where the stereo is meant to be, just looks aesthetically alot worse, but also adds no value to the car.

Anyways, im selling the cd changer and the faulty headunit on ebay now.

Once I cover up a welding job, clean and polish it, I'll post my car up on here to see how much you lot reckon its worth.

Edited by Tweek_1984

Sign in to follow this